Electric can openers make life simpler in the kitchen for both home chefs and restaurants. While manual can openers require little effort, they are somewhat inconvenient when compared to the outstanding speed and additional functions of electric ones. There are many models to choose from, including countertop and portable electric openers, and each has its own set of advantages to consider. If you’re looking for a new can opener, this article will teach you about the top models and manufacturers, as well as their features and which ones are the greatest value for money and best all-around. Continue reading to learn all you need to know about selecting the finest electric can openers for your kitchen.
The Hamilton Beach (76606ZA) Smooth Touch Electric Automatic Can Opener with Easy Push Down Lever from the pioneer in electric can openers and kitchen electrics has sidecut technology.
We prefer the Cuisinart CCO-50BKN Deluxe Electric Can Opener because of its simple design, comprehensive functionality, and low pricing. Also, it is from Cuisinart, thus quality may be anticipated.
- Quick Comparison: Top 10 Best Electric Can Openers
- 1. Hamilton Beach (76606ZA) Smooth Touch Electric Automatic Can Opener
- 2. Cuisinart CCO-50BKN Deluxe Electric Can Opener
- 3. Hamilton Beach Classic Chrome Heavyweight Electric Automatic Can Opener
- 4. Kitchen Mama Electric Can Opener
- 5. BALYWOOD Electric Can Opener
- 6. W-Dragon Electric Can Opener
- 7. W-Dragon Smooth Edge Automatic Electric Can Opener
- 8. Hamilton Beach Electric Automatic Can Opener
- 9. Oster FPSTCN1300 Electric Can Opener
- 10. AmazonBasics Electric Can Opener
- How To Choose the Best Electric Can Opener for Your Kitchen Prep Needs
- What is considered the best electric can opener?
- What is the best & easiest-to-use can opener?
- What is the easiest hand can opener to use?
- Should I buy an electric can opener?
- Is Kitchen Mama Made in USA?
- Why do can openers always break?
- What is the most sanitary can opener?
- What is an easy can opener called?
- What is the most common can opener?
- What is the worlds easiest jar opener?
Quick Comparison: Top 10 Best Electric Can Openers
|Hamilton Beach (76606ZA) Smooth Touch Electric Automatic Can Opener||A|
|Cuisinart CCO-50BKN Deluxe Electric Can Opener||A|
|Hamilton Beach Classic Chrome Heavyweight Electric Automatic Can Opener||B|
|Kitchen Mama Electric Can Opener||A-|
|BALYWOOD Electric Can Opener||A-|
|W-Dragon Electric Can Opener||A|
|W-Dragon Smooth Edge Automatic Electric Can Opener||B|
|Hamilton Beach Electric Automatic Can Opener||A-|
|Oster FPSTCN1300 Electric Can Opener||B|
|AmazonBasics Electric Can Opener||A-|
1. Hamilton Beach (76606ZA) Smooth Touch Electric Automatic Can Opener
- By removing the can lid, the side-cut feature eliminates the danger of sharp edges and makes it safe to touch.
- Can open both conventional and pop-top cans
- Bottle opener included for increased usefulness and convenience on the counter.
Hamilton Beach is a brand that understands what they’re doing when it comes to can openers. Its smooth-touch electric can opener is meant to make can opening safer, and it also opens pop-top cans so you don’t have to battle with them. Moreover, it has a small footprint that can fit into any kitchen, and the sleek chrome and black finish will complement any décor or theme.
This can opener also has a simple push-down lever that allows for one-handed use, allowing you to optimize your efforts in the kitchen. It also includes a long chord and an extra bottle opener, giving you even more to enjoy. Also, because of the way this gadget operates, the cutting wheel is never in touch with food, requiring minimal cleaning.
- Sanitary construction with no food contact
- It is safe to use on all sorts of cans.
- Silent operation with no motor upkeep
- Several customers have complained that the magnet is too weak to keep lids closed.
2. Cuisinart CCO-50BKN Deluxe Electric Can Opener
- The Deluxe can opener has a clean, streamlined appearance that will fit into any kitchen.
- It comes with a 36-inch chord.
- The removable lever allows for simple cleaning and added safety while in operation.
The Cuisinart CCO-50BKN Deluxe Electric Can Opener has a strong cutting blade and a proprietary Cuisinart-engineered motor. It is intended to handle all can sizes with a single-handed action for all of your food preparation requirements. The detachable lever and the basic design make cleaning a breeze.
While this model lacks many extra features, it is a simple, handy model that gives the ideal balance of design and substance for a low price. When all you need is a can opener that will get the job done, this model is a must-have.
- Cuisinart is a well-known brand in kitchen appliances.
- Design that is both simple and elegant
- Single-button operation
- There are no extra features in the basic design.
3. Hamilton Beach Classic Chrome Heavyweight Electric Automatic Can Opener
- Cord storage is included in the sleek design to conceal extra cable.
- Contains a knife sharpener to keep all of your kitchen blades in top shape.
- SureCut technology ensures that the can is opened correctly the first time, every time.
This model comes from the country’s number one can opener brand and has a unique detachable cutting device that is dishwasher-safe, ensuring hygienic usage of your can opener at all times. The extra-tall design makes opening cans of all sizes simple, and the one-touch operation features an auto-shutoff function, so you can experience effortless opening every time. The sturdy design provides something a bit tougher, which is ideal for individuals who want something that will withstand repeated usage.
This can opener has a knife sharpener on the rear as an extra benefit, and the proprietary SureCut mechanism is not seen on other versions on the market today. One of the most popular features of this model is its extra-long cable and inbuilt cord storage, which helps to keep countertops clear and tidy.
- Excellent features for the price.
- A washable cutting device ensures cleaner usage.
- Extra-tall style
- According to several reports, the knife sharpener is useless or difficult to use.
4. Kitchen Mama Electric Can Opener
- With a reasonably lightweight design and battery operation, this device is ideal for portable usage.
- The blades include safety cutting to cut the side of the can so there are no sharp edges.
- The ergonomic shape makes it simple for children, elderly persons, and those with grip challenges to use.
The Kitchen Mama Electric Can Opener bills itself as the last electric can opener you’ll ever need, and it seems to live up to that billing. The gadget takes four (4) AA batteries, which are not supplied, however they will endure for many hours before having to be replaced. This gadget has simple two-tap operation with push-button start and stop, ensuring that anybody can open cans easily.
This electric can opener is great for cooks with sensitive hands, as well as those who just want a more convenient method to open cans in their kitchens. This gadget is meant to cut around the side for increased security.
- One-year guarantee
- Operation using a handheld device
- There is no need for a counter space.
- Several individuals are upset since it does not contain batteries.
5. BALYWOOD Electric Can Opener
- This can opener is intended for professional usage and can open significantly bigger cans than others.
- Since it is portable, it does not need counter space for storage.
- A built-in magnet keeps lids tight and allows for simple disposal.
The Touch and Go Professional Can Opener is intended to make can opening easier for everyone, especially those suffering from arthritis or other disorders that cause joint discomfort or dexterity challenges. There are no difficult settings to navigate or buttons to master. Merely align the can, press the button, and the gadget will open it in no time. It also has an ergonomic design that fits well into most hands.
This variant is popular among cooks since it is more robust and suited for professional usage. It does, however, need two AA batteries, which are not provided. To conserve counter space, this elegant, sophisticated device may be stowed in a drawer. Also, it will not activate if it is not in the proper position, which is very beneficial and comforting if children will be using it.
- Premium cutting power is provided by high-quality stainless-steel blades.
- Ergonomic design that is simple to utilize
- Can opener of the highest caliber
- Several users complain of inconsistent can opening.
6. W-Dragon Electric Can Opener
- The smooth-edge cutting design fully eliminates lids, resulting in no harsh edges.
- Slim portable can opener is ideal for retirees, those suffering from arthritis, and children.
- Has a single-button stop/start function.
This electric can opener has a unique design that is narrower than typical portable devices, making it simpler to handle for persons with little hands or gripping difficulty. The push-button function makes it simple to use regardless of the kind of cans that need to be opened, and it can be wiped clean with a wet cloth to preserve it in good condition for as long as possible.
Because of its tiny size, this can opener may be stored in a drawer out of sight rather than taking up counter space. This can opener requires two AA batteries, which are not included in the box. With a lightweight, compact design and side-cutting technology with no sharp edges, it gives all the power you need in a portable size.
- The sidecut mechanism removes the whole lid.
- Superb stainless steel blades for simple cutting
- Smaller kitchens will benefit from the compact size.
- According to several customers, the item is fragile to use.
7. W-Dragon Smooth Edge Automatic Electric Can Opener
- Experience the ease of use and performance of a restaurant-quality can opener in a smaller, more portable package.
- A built-in magnet keeps can lids connected for safe removal and disposal.
- The small, compact design opens any size can and can be put wherever for convenient access.
The Small Restaurant Can Opener is similar to the others on our list in that it offers side-cutting capabilities that avoid the danger of sharp edges. The push-button control makes it simple to operate, and it only takes a few seconds to open and utilize your cans. The blade region may flex with usage, according to the manufacturer, although this is typical.
Because of its capacity to remove lids from the side, this mini-opener also makes resealable lids. The device requires two AA batteries, which are not included in the packaging. This simple can opener is great for folks who want something automated but don’t want to spend a lot of money or have a lot of other functions. This might be the ideal option for folks suffering from arthritis and grip troubles.
- Size is little, measuring slightly under five inches long.
- Operation using a single button
- Alternative to typical openers that is sanitary.
- Some people may find the tiny size to be too little.
8. Hamilton Beach Electric Automatic Can Opener
- For enhanced usefulness, an inbuilt knife sharpener is included.
- The sleek stainless steel finish provides a high-end aesthetic that complements any kitchen style.
- Extra-tall for easily opening all sizes of cans
Hamilton Beach’s elegant, uncomplicated electric can opener has a removable cutting blade and lever for easy cleaning, as well as automatic shutdown once cans are opened for additional safety and convenience. It is manufactured by the industry leader in can openers and kitchen electrics, providing customers with the confidence that they are purchasing a device on which they can rely.
The Hamilton Beach Electric Automatic Can Opener with Knife Sharpener also has clutter-free cable storage and a sleek, space-saving design to decrease counter clutter while providing all of the functionality you want in a smaller size. The stainless finish cleans easily with a wet towel, and the stainless blade ensures crisp, simple cutting on every can.
- Design that conserves space
- Cord storage is included.
- Reasonably priced
- According to some, the opener is of poor quality.
9. Oster FPSTCN1300 Electric Can Opener
- Hands-free operation with a single push-button setting that provides enough power to cut through cans the first time.
- For optimal convenience, an integrated bottle opener, knife sharpening, and retractable cord storage are included.
- The magnetic lid grabber guarantees that lids be removed securely and easily.
Oster has been manufacturing kitchen electrics for decades, and this can opener delivers everything you would expect from the brand. When you need a quality can opener with all of the capabilities you want in a single gadget, this one delivers. Moreover, it boasts a modern design and a sleek stainless-steel finish that complements any kitchen style.
Because to its retractable cable storage and tiny size, this quality electric can opener is simple to store and takes up little room. When the can is opened, auto-stop technology turns the opener off, increasing safety and convenience.
- The push-button lever makes operating simple.
- Oster is a well-known kitchen brand.
- Multi-purpose can opener
- More pricey than entry-level models
10. AmazonBasics Electric Can Opener
- This electric can opener from AmazonBasics has all of the functionality you expect at an inexpensive price.
- The opener has a stainless-steel blade for easy opening and no snagging.
- The extra-wide nonslip base keeps the opener stable regardless of how heavy the can is.
off, as well as a release and locking mechanism that acts automatically when the can is lined up and the lever is pulled. This simple can opener is everything from dull, offering a plethora of capabilities at a more affordable price. This can opener, like all of the AmazonBasics items, is intended to provide you with the tools you need at an affordable price. It has automatic stop and auto on features.
This can opener’s sleek style will complement any kitchen decor, and it has a smaller footprint, even with the solid bigger base. The magnet keeps the lids tight once they’ve been removed, and the lever may even be removed for simple cleaning. In addition, there is a bottle opener on the front of the opener.
- Low cost for features
- Extra-large base
- A powerful magnet can hold cans of different sizes.
- People complain about the cord being too short.
How To Choose the Best Electric Can Opener for Your Kitchen Prep Needs
When looking for a new can opener, there are several designs to choose from. You’ll discover a wide range of options, including several colors, coatings, and even operating methods. The tabletop model and the portable model are the two most popular types of electric can openers. Each has advantages and disadvantages to consider, and there is certainly something to be gained by taking the time to research your choices and choose the finest can opener, regardless of what you have in mind for your kitchen area.
Take the time to consider which features are most important to you, as well as how much money you are prepared to spend on this investment, so that you can begin to limit down your selections. Continue reading for more concerns and advice.
Many consumers nowadays will only consider a can opener if it has sidecut technology, and for good reason. Since it avoids the jagged edges that are renowned for causing many kitchen accidents, this way of opening cans is more safer. The method also allows you to re-seat the lid, enabling you to reseal cans if you have leftovers that you aren’t utilizing.
This technology is not found in all can openers, so if it is something you want in your appliance, be sure to examine the can openers to see how they work. Generally, it will be referred to as sidecut technology. It might alternatively have a different name or be specified as cutting the side of the can rather than the top.
Is it necessary to have sidecut technology? Certainly not. There are still plenty of can openers available with classic opening blades that cut the top of the can. They function nicely, albeit you must be cautious of the sharp edges while using them. It’s all about figuring out what works best for you, but the sidecut option is absolutely worth exploring for safety and other advantages.
Countertop vs. Handheld Can Openers
Automatic can openers are generally portable or tabletop versions, as shown in the types mentioned above. Each has advantages and disadvantages to consider, but the choice ultimately boils down to personal taste. If you’re having trouble deciding which kind of can opener is ideal for you, here are some things to consider about these two possibilities.
Countertop Electric Can Openers
Counter models are usually made to be handy and easy to use. There is a lot to admire about having this equipment on hand when things are heating up in the kitchen and you need to open cans fast and easily. The designs are diverse enough to appeal to almost every taste. Some versions even have an extra-tall design to accommodate cans of various sizes.
These can openers are also available with compact footprints and cable concealment options, enabling you to have an appliance handy without it being noticeable or cluttering up your area. There’s a lot to be said for the countertop model, and even those who intend to keep it in the cabinet will enjoy the solid build and design.
Handheld Electric Can Openers
Handheld electric can openers were popular a few years ago after the first ones on the market were a huge success. Consumers liked the gadgets’ mobility and ease, as well as the fact that they didn’t take up counter space, required an outlet, or had any other difficulties. Of course, you’ll need to purchase batteries for most of these can openers, but that’s a minor price to pay for convenience.
Handheld variants are available for both home and commercial usage, as well as smaller and more ergonomic ones for persons with grip concerns. This type is often used in big kitchens or fast-paced locations where returning to a fixed appliance would be too difficult or time-consuming. Whatever the reason, they are a more compact and handy alternative to standard electric can openers.
What About Extra Features?
Can openers offered today, like many of the countertop ones on this list, often incorporate additional capabilities. While not all of them are of high quality, the bulk of them have a knife sharpener for all of your kitchen instruments. A bottle opener is another typical feature on electric can openers. If you don’t open many beers or aren’t seeking for a new bottle opener, this may not be a vital function for you.
Those seeking for a countertop appliance with several purposes, on the other hand, can benefit from the extra capabilities provided by many of the electric can openers mentioned above. Some models also have cable storage or a retractable cord, making it simple to stow the gadget and clear your counter space.
Start technology or side-cutting functions are available, but there isn’t much more on these gadgets. Handheld can openers often lack a plethora of other functions. Its compact, portable size leaves little room for extra functions, and most people don’t expect much more from a can opener than what it says on the box. Some folks may choose a model with stronger stopping power.
Other Important Considerations
In addition to the factors outlined above, consider the following while buying for your new electric can opener:
- Long-lasting and well-made
- Sanitary cutting wheel that does not come into contact with food
- Simple upkeep and cleaning
These factors will ensure that you have the greatest can opener and get the most life out of it, regardless of the model you purchase.
Electric can openers make a variety of culinary activities easier. Use the information provided here to simplify your buying experience and locate the best electric can opener for your requirements in no time. Even if you don’t discover anything on this list, you’ll know where to go for the greatest model on the market thanks to the information supplied here.
What is considered the best electric can opener?
Overall, the best. Beaches of Hamilton Best Affordable. Smooth Touch Can Opener. The best splurge is a handy can opener. Cuisinart Deluxe Stainless Steel Can Opener SCO60C…. Finest Electric Handheld. Kitchen Mama Electric Handheld Can Opener…. The Most Convenient Electric. Best Smooth Edge. Best Push Button. Best for All Ages. Zyliss EasiCan Electric Can Opener.
Additional details…•January 31, 2023
What is the best & easiest-to-use can opener?
Our Favorite Can Openers
Overall winner: Kitchen Mother Can Opener Electric.
Hamilton Beach Makes the Best Countertop Electric Can Opener Electric Automatic Can Opener with a Smooth Touch.
Good Cook Can Opener is the best manual top-cutting can opener.
OXO makes the best manual side-cutting can opener. Excellent Grip Can opener made of stainless steel.
Jan 13, 2023
What is the easiest hand can opener to use?
Because of its easy-to-turn knob, smooth edge finish, and ergonomic design, the OXO Good Grips Smooth Edge Can Opener is our top selection.
Should I buy an electric can opener?
In contrast to a manual can opener, an electric device holds the can, turns it, and cuts the top off for you. An electric can opener is a terrific purchase if you have mobility or strength concerns, want the safest choice, or just open a lot of cans.
Is Kitchen Mama Made in USA?
Kitchen Mama Electric Can Openers are created in the United States and produced in Taiwan and China.
Why do can openers always break?
The major culprit, whether cheap or expensive, is rust on the non-forced roller cog (not the one hooked to the twister, but the one that rests below the circular blade). An old toothbrush is blasted vigorously, then the Phillips screw is undone and removed.
What is the most sanitary can opener?
Auto Safety Master Can Opener by Kuhn Rikon
The can opener includes an auto-locking mechanism that holds the lid tightly, as well as small pliers on one side to remove the lid, making it not only safer but also more hygienic than many other can openers since this device and your hands never come into contact with the food.
What is an easy can opener called?
The lever-type can opener, also known as a claw can opener, is a basic mechanism that dates back to the 1850s. It’s made out of a sharp sickle-shaped blade that’s used to pierce the top of a can. The blade is then used to cut along the can’s edges, opening it up.
What is the most common can opener?
The traditional manual can opener is the most frequent kind. The opener clasps onto the exterior of a tin can, and by turning a knob, you can cut through the perimeter of the lid. Some types feature metal handles, whereas others have plastic handles, which are less robust.
What is the worlds easiest jar opener?
Brix Jarkey is the world’s most convenient jar opener!