Are you searching for quick-cooking cookware? Electric skillets resemble traditional frying pans but provide a smoother cooking experience. They do not need an additional burner or cooktop to cook. As a consequence, you have more counter space in your kitchen.
Furthermore, the electric skillets have a large and deep dimension, allowing you to cook deep dish pizza or lasagna on them. The skillets, like an oven, may be tuned to a certain temperature. Aside from that, there are other aspects to consider before purchasing the finest electric skillet.
The Presto Electric Foldaway Skillet is our top option on this list because of its compact design and built-in spout for pouring liquids without spilling. It’s a heavy-duty skillet since it’s made of superior cast aluminum and has a luxury nonstick surface on both the inside and exterior. It is simple to clean and store the skillet.
The Bella Electric Skillet is our top budget selection since it is composed of copper and has a ceramic nonstick coating. The ceramic swiftly distributes heat and makes it durable for usage. Both the lid and the skillet base are dishwasher safe.
- Quick Comparison: Top 10 Best Electric Skillets
- 1. Presto Electric Foldaway Skillet
- 2. BELLA Electric Skillet
- 3. Presto Electric Skillet with Glass Cover
- 4. Elite Gourmet Electric Skillet
- 5. Nesco Electric Skillet
- 6. Dash Electric Skillet
- 7. DeLonghi Electric Skillet
- 8. Black & Decker Electric Skillet
- 9. Hamilton Beach Electric Skillet
- 10. Zojirushi Electric Skillet
- Things To Consider Before Buying An Electric Skillet
- What is the best brand electric skillet?
- Which style of pan is best for fast cooking?
- How versatile is an electric skillet?
- What is the difference between an electric frying pan and an electric skillet?
- What is number one skillet?
- What kind of skillets do professional chefs use?
- What is the best cookware for even heating?
- What is the best low maintenance skillet?
- What pan is best for cooking evenly?
- What to look for when buying an electric skillet?
Quick Comparison: Top 10 Best Electric Skillets
|Presto Electric Foldaway Skillet||20 x 12.5 x 8||A|
|Bella Electric Skillet||16.73 x 12.2 x 7.87||A|
|Presto Electric Skillet with Glass Cover||23 x 13 x 9||A-|
|Elite Gourmet Electric Skillet||22.5 x 15 x 8||B+|
|Nesco Electric Skillet||15 x 15 x 7||A-|
|Dash Electric Skillet||Not mentioned||A-|
|DeLonghi Electric Skillet||19.3 x 11.8 x 8.4||A|
|Black & Decker Electric Skillet||17.42 x 11.98 x 4.4||B+|
|Hamilton Beach Electric Skillet||12 x 8 x 21||A-|
|Zojirushi Electric Skillet||13.88 x 14.25 x 7.75||A-|
1. Presto Electric Foldaway Skillet
- To guarantee longevity, the skillet is made of heavy-duty cast aluminum and has a nonstick surface.
- It includes a built-in spout that allows the water to drain without spilling.
- The handles are collapsible and may be detached from the pan and stored separately.
- The handles remain cool, preventing you from burning yourself.
- Because it is shatterproof, the glass lid is safe for severe handling.
- The non-electrical parts are dishwasher safe
- The pan is 8 inches tall, allowing you to effortlessly prepare any deep dish item.
- Because it is composed of aluminum, the pan holds heat for a longer amount of time.
This skillet has a base that is connected to the handles and is jam-packed with functions. The skillet may be removed from the base. The rotating handles and base of the skillet may be inverted and folded into a compact unit for storage within the skillet when the pan is removed.
There includes a drainage vent for removing excess liquids, as well as a stand for holding a spoon or spatula during cooking. The drainage sprout aids in the removal of excess gravy or liquid for easier cleaning. The tempered glass lid fits tightly and allows you to monitor the cooking process. However, a few customers have reported incidences of the lid exploding or fracturing.
The inside is incredibly big and spacious. The straight sides are around three inches deep, allowing for enormous amounts of food to be stored. This is a nice-looking skillet with a flat bottom that may be used as a serving dish if the base is removed. Because the heating element is incorporated into the skillet, it is advised not to use it in the oven or on the stovetop: you may permanently damage the coils.
It is a really well-designed and well-built skillet. The temperature control has many temperatures marked on it, ranging from 200 to 400 degrees. This skillet distributes heat evenly, with no hot or cold areas forming. Nonstick interiors keep food from scorching or burning and make cleanup a breeze. Simply remove it from the base to clean: it is dishwasher safe and also works well with hand washing.
2. BELLA Electric Skillet
- The skillet’s base is made of cast aluminum, and the addition of titanium strengthens it.
- To release food without scraping, a ceramic nonstick coating is applied.
- You may adjust the temperature to your liking.
- The Keep warm option is offered, which stops meals from being reheated again.
- The lid is made of tempered glass and can be cleaned in the dishwasher.
- The side handles are broad enough to provide a secure hold when sautéing veggies.
The BELLA electric skillet contains 1200 watts of electricity, which helps to heat the pan as soon as possible. The square-shaped pan has a capacity of 16.73 x 12.2 x 7.87 inches and can prepare meals for 8 people. The electric skillet includes a nonstick coating that aids in the release of food without leaving a residue. The coating also aids in cleaning, however seasoning the pan is recommended in case food becomes stuck.
However, heavy scrubbing the pan to remove stains or grease can harm the coating. This skillet pan may be used for a variety of culinary purposes. The skillet’s characteristic that we enjoy is that the temperature may be controlled by the regulator on the electric wire. The maximum temperature that may be reached is 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
If you can handle the cable, you can use the pan on the dining table. Furthermore, since this pan has a stay warm feature, you won’t have to reheat your lasagna as often.
3. Presto Electric Skillet with Glass Cover
- The rectangular-shaped skillet is made of aluminum and will keep you warm for a long time.
- The skillet’s outside and inside are nonstick coated for easy cleaning.
- It is simple to remove the pan, which aids in cleaning.
- The temperature may be raised to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- After removing the skillet pan from the cord, clean it in the dishwasher.
- The side handles are ergonomically designed for a firm grip.
Presto designed and built this 16-inch electric with ease and comfort as top priorities. This electric skillet outperforms the competition. The skillet has a huge capacity and can feed a large family of 6 or more people. It is also suitable for gatherings.
It is dishwasher safe if the heat control is removed. The non-stick lining at the bottom is superb: it doesnt flake off or damage even after several months to years of use. The heating element is incorporated in the skillet, allowing for quick and even heat distribution. However, as some users may observe, the coils are positioned closer to the edges of the skillets, leaving the centre sections significantly more susceptible to cold patches.
To make the skillet stand on its legs, the product must be built. It is simple to set up. The only issue is that you may need to adjust the screws on the legs on a regular basis to keep it from becoming unsteady. The heavy-duty clear cover fits tightly and enables you to see what’s cooking.
4. Elite Gourmet Electric Skillet
- It has a large capacity and deep straight sides, making it a multipurpose skillet.
- For improved heat distribution, an M-shaped heating coil is integrated into the skillet.
- Bottom honeycomb nonstick surface for easy cleaning and no food burning
- The temperature dial offers many settings including a warm mode.
- The textured bottom of the pan makes cleaning easier.
- There are no hot patches since the heat is diffused evenly around the pan.
- After removing the pan from the thermostat, it is simple to clean in the dishwasher.
- Excess juice or oil may be drained using the simple pour spout.
- The PFOA-free marbleized honeycomb nonstick coating makes the skillet robust.
For a family of four to six people, the Elite Premium skillet is a must-have electric skillet. It is huge, living up to its title Jumbo and at its 8-quart capacity, it can fit almost anything. And the deep sides make it easier to accommodate irregularly shaped food items.
The dishwasher-safe tempered glass cover enables you to monitor the cooking process. The plastic handles stay cool while cooking, and they extend at the bottom to provide legs for standing the skillet. A drainage sprout on one side of the pan acts as a little notch for draining excess liquids and gravy.
An M-shaped heating coil covers a considerable portion of the skillet’s bottom. It warms up evenly and has excellent heat dispersion. The skillet’s bottom has a honeycombed nonstick surface. This makes cleaning the skillet a breeze and keeps food from sticking. This also significantly reduces abrasion and wear on the nonstick surface.
It is a wonderful buy because of its enormous capacity, sturdy build, and superb quality for a fraction of the price of other high-end skillets. There are several poorly built skillets on the market that advertise lower pricing but wear out in a matter of months. But not this one. This skillet is made of high-quality materials and is well-constructed. Many people complain that just the lid is dishwasher safe, however both the skillet and the lid are: it is always recommended to take your time and hand-wash skillets for the best results and lifespan.
5. Nesco Electric Skillet
- The pan is lightweight due to the use of aluminum in its construction.
- The dish is large enough to hold roasts or deep-fried fries.
- The temperature knob is simple to use and offers many temperature settings.
- The inside nonstick surface easily releases the food.
- The glass lid has a heat-resistant grip for easy handling.
- A hole is included in the lid to let hot air to escape during cooking.
Electric skillets are often used to get the desired temperature and heat, and the Nesco skillet allows you to adjust the temperature to your liking. With the electric skillet, you may set and alter the temperature as you choose. The highest temperature on this knob is 425 degrees Fahrenheit at which you can bake or roast. Before you begin cooking on the new pan, we recommend that you season it.
The pan has a nonstick coating that makes cleaning a breeze. However, the skillet cannot be cleaned in the dishwasher. The glass cover may be washed in the dishwasher. In addition, submerging the skillet in water might harm the coating. The pan may be removed from the base and cleaned with warm water and mild dish soap.
6. Dash Electric Skillet
- This skillet features a 14-inch cooking area, allowing you to effortlessly cook for more than four people.
- It swiftly distributes heat and may be used to cook pan pizza, fajitas, pancakes, and other dishes.
- The skillet is constructed using PFOA-free materials.
- We can observe the meal without opening it regularly thanks to the tempered glass and sufficient airflow.
- A silicone seal surrounds the lid to keep the taste intact.
- The temperature knob allows you to regulate the temperature up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
The Dash electric skillet is spherical in design and has a depth of 25 inches, making it ideal for deep-dish meals. Your preferred food will be cooked evenly and promptly using 1400 watts. The nonstick surface saves oil and makes it easier to remove the ideal slice of lasagna from the pan.
To keep the skillet stable, it includes cool side handles. However, the side handles are too tiny for a secure grasp. The lid also incorporates a heat-resistant knob for removing it safely while it is hot. The manufacturer makes no mention of the pan being dishwasher safe. As a result, we suggest that you hand-wash the pan with soapy water. Because the pan has a nonstick coating, there is no need to scrape the food residues.
7. DeLonghi Electric Skillet
- Attractive, stylish design developed for utility at a low cost
- Adjustable vents to allow moisture to escape as needed
- Temperature management is simple: a warm mode is offered for slow simmers or buffets.
- The pan is ideal for roasting a whole chicken for the entire family.
- The aluminum on the skillet promotes consistent heat distribution.
- The glass lid and skillet base are both dishwasher safe.
With this superb electric skillet, DeLonghi lives up to and even outperforms its predecessors. Packed with a slew of features, it is intended to prioritize utility, design, and adaptability, all while being reasonably priced.
This black rectangular skillet is constructed of metal and has an integrated heating element for even heat distribution. There is even heating, and certain areas heat up a bit more than others, but the skillet is designed to keep any food from burning or scorching. This is made easier by the pan’s nonstick lining. It is also quite simple to clean after cooking: even the most persistent stains are easily removed with a little detergent. The temperature control is excellent, with both high and low settings available, as well as a Warm Mode perfect for buffets and the like.
The stylish plastic handles become sections of the leg that supports the skillet. It does not wobble and fits properly on both counters and dining tables. It works well for buffets and serves a huge audience because to its attractive classic appearance. The skillet has a big capacity, allowing it to serve large families or prepare meals for gatherings.
It keeps a constant temperature rather than shutting down like other skillets. It may also radiate heat onto the countertop, thus it is advised that you use some form of foundation to place it on. The tempered cover lets you see what’s within and closes firmly, preventing heat or flavors from escaping. The lid also contains an adjustable vent that you may open or cover depending on whether or not you need to allow moisture out.
8. Black & Decker Electric Skillet
- With a size of 17.42 × 11.98 inches, you can quickly make breakfast for the whole family.
- The nonstick coating allows for fast and easy cooking.
- The temperature knob displays readings in Celsius and Fahrenheit.
- If you use the skillet straight on your dining table, it features a cool base with serving handles.
- Cleaning the base in the dishwasher is safe.
- The skillet comes with a tempered glass cover with a cool-touch handle.
The temperature in two scales distinguishes the Black & Decker electric skillet from others. Not all nations use the same unit, and the unit varies per recipe. This skillet has a sleek appearance and may be used immediately on the dinner table. The short side handles might make it difficult to move the skillet from one location to another.
If you set the skillet to a low temperature, the meal will remain warm and you will be able to engage with your visitor while eating. The lid incorporates a cool-touch handle, which eliminates the need for table gloves. Cleaning this skillet is a breeze. Remove the base from the electric components and put it in the dishwasher. However, there is no ventilation in the lid to allow the steam to escape. The steam may cause the meal to become mushy and unfit to consume.
9. Hamilton Beach Electric Skillet
- Because of the ceramic nonstick coating, the skillet is sturdy and long-lasting.
- The electric skillet is devoid of PTFE and PFOA, making it suitable for everyday use.
- It features an adjustable temperature knob that you may modify according to the recipe.
- After detaching the skillet from the cable, it is safe to clean in the dishwasher.
- Despite the fact that the skillet is heated, the handles remain cold.
The Hamilton Beach electric skillet has a temperature range of 200 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. This variant allows you to cook pancakes, omelets, or bake lasagna or pasta in this skillet. The electricity speeds up the heating process and ensures that the food cooks evenly on all sides.
The skillet is made from a mix of copper and other elements. Cooper assures the skillet’s durability, and the ceramic nonstick coating takes it to the next level. As a consequence, minor impacts will not cause the covering to peel or shatter.
It has a glass top that allows you to see the food and a vent hole for steam ventilation. The skillet is simple to use, store, and clean. By removing the cable, it is possible to put it in the dishwasher and then store it in the cabinet after wiping it dry.
10. Zojirushi Electric Skillet
- Grill bacon, chicken, fish, and other foods in a round skillet.
- The broad temperature range is expressed in two separate units.
- Stay-cool handles are attached to the glass lid
- The cooking surface is ceramic, and the nonstick coating is nonstick.
- To assure the safety of its usage, the electric skillet is listed on ETL.
- The ceramic cooking pan can be used on the stove
Finally, we have the Zojirushi electric skillet, which may be utilized for a variety of tasks. First of all, the cooking surface can be disassembled to cook on the stove. You may prepare veggies to sauté in an electric skillet and keep them warm for an extended amount of time.
The skillet’s shape makes it appropriate for use as tabletop cookware. Titanium is used in the nonstick coating, which prevents food from burning at high heats. However, avoid using metal spatulas on the skillets as they will cause the nonstick coating to peel off. To ensure a long service life, thoroughly clean the detachable cooking surface with soap and water. The company discourages using the dishwasher to clean the cooking surface or lid.
If water has accumulated on the lid’s knob, it is simple to remove using a flat screwdriver. Cleaning the heating plate with a moist towel is possible, but do not pour water directly on the plate.
Things To Consider Before Buying An Electric Skillet
Are you seeking for a multi-purpose pan that is portable? Because of its mobility, an electric skillet may be used to prepare a variety of foods. The skillet takes very minimal storage space and is simple to clean.
Size & Shape
An electric skillet looks like a regular frying pan. Skillets measuring 8 to 12 inches would be enough for modest family dinners (feeding 2 to 4 people). If you need a larger one, choose a size larger than 12 inches and up to 16 inches.
Its form might be round, square, rectangular, or oblong. Unlike a frying pan, it has two handles on each side, not one. Because the skillet has a flat bottom with no grooves or ridges, it does not wobble and rests nicely on counters.
Method of Cleaning
Most skillets may be washed in a dishwasher. However, some skillet makers advocate just hand cleaning. Others have removable pieces that cannot be washed in dishwashers, and removing them allows you to do so. After washing, make sure to properly dry. Also, make sure your skillet has completely cooled before cleaning it. A little detergent should enough to remove stubborn dirt and stains.
The advantage of electric skillets is that they can keep a consistent temperature. Temperatures range from about 175 degrees to over 400 degrees Fahrenheit. This is enough for everyday cooking or stir-frying. Deep frying, on the other hand, requires a higher temperature of at least 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Electric skillets often allow you to cook on either low or high heat. Warm Heat mode is an extra option on certain skillets.
Lid & Handles
Most electric skillets come with a see-through shatterproof glass cover that allows you to monitor the cooking process. You don’t have to open the lid repeatedly to see whether the dinner is ready. Metallic, non-see-through handles are also available on certain electric skillets. The lid must also have some form of locking mechanism: without one, it would be difficult to move, particularly if it is heavy with soup or stew.
The handles are often non-metallic and stay cold, allowing you to grasp them without gloves. Even so, use care, particularly while transporting the skillet, or you may burn yourself.
Adjustable steam vents prevent moisture, heat, and pressure from accumulating within the skillet during cooking and allow excess moisture and pressure to escape. This prevents liquid from your food from leaking out of the edges and spilling all over your kitchen counter as soon as you glance away.
Drainage Spouts are holes at the bottom of skillets that enable you to drain extra liquid, water, gravy, and so on. This is advantageous because it minimizes spilling, sputtering, or spraying hot liquids by not filling the pan to the brim. It is also beneficial to drain out leftovers to help in the cleaning process.
An electric skillet with a deeper side depth is preferable than one with a shallower side depth. This is done to allow for a bigger amount of food to fit within. Large, strangely shaped meals, such as a whole chicken, turkey, or fish, may also be braised or cooked if the sides are lifted. Typical measurements include:
The bottom of an electric skillet has a nonstick coating. This prevents food from adhering to the bottom and hence scorching or burning. The thickness of the coating will vary depending on the skillet. Also, to help the coating linger longer, use a wooden spoon or spatula. To extend the life of the coating, gently clean or scrub with a moderate detergent. Nonstick skillets are substantially simpler to clean.
Detachable parts are electrical skillet components that can be removed. This is useful for cleaning or washing things, particularly if certain pieces are dishwasher safe while others are not. It is also useful for saving room in your kitchen cabinet while storing the skillet.
Parts & Procedures
If not utilized properly, an electric skillet may cause unnecessary inconveniences and deadly mishaps. Before utilizing the manuals, be sure you properly read them. Know your components inside and out. Understand what each component is and what role it serves.
Before inserting the cable into the socket, plug the temperature control into the skillet. Unplug immediately after youre done with the cooking. When moving a pan full of food, put the lid on and lock it: hot gravy may splash about and scald you. Hot oil or grease within the skillet may splatter and burn, so set it aside to cool.
During cooking, avoid touching any component of the electric skillet. The naked areas might get incredibly hot and will almost certainly burn you. Submerge the temperature controls or plugs in water at any time. Also, if the cable is broken, replace it right away. Children should be kept away from the skillet while it is cooking.
Are electric skillets better than regular stove pans?
In some respects, an electric skillet outperforms a standard burner pan. For starters, uniform heat is transmitted throughout the electric skillets, which is not always achievable with normal pans. You can also quickly adjust the temperature of the skillet. Furthermore, electric skillets fry quicker than standard pans.
Should I season the electric skillets before every use?
The skillets include a nonstick coating for easy food release. However, seasoning would be a preferable alternative if the dish became stuck to the griddle.
Is it safe to use aluminum foil in the electric skillet?
Yes, you can bake using aluminum foil in an electric skillet.
An electric skillet may be used to make pancakes, omelets, or to cook bacon, sausages, and other foods. If you have a tiny kitchen, an electric skillet is an excellent alternative since it can be placed anywhere near an electric outlet. You don’t have to seek for a cover separately since the skillet comes with one.
Nonetheless, the temperature setting on the skillets facilitates cooking. It will keep the meal warm for as long as you set it at a low temperature. We went through all of the details in our post to help you find the finest electric skillet for your needs.
What is the best brand electric skillet?
1 Presto Foldaway Electric Skillet – Overall Winner.
2 BELLA Ceramic Electric Skillets with Even Heat Distribution.
Individuals will appreciate the Elite Gourmet Personal Electric Skillet.
4 Dash Electric Skillet – Ideal for Families.
Dishwasher safe Proctor Silex Electric Skillet.
Which style of pan is best for fast cooking?
Cast iron in its purest form
These pans may also serve as an alternative to nonstick cookware because to the seasoning that develops with usage and adequate care. Cast iron retains heat better than thinner stainless steel or aluminum, making it perfect for searing and high-temperature cooking.
How versatile is an electric skillet?
Electric skillets are multipurpose cooking tools that may be used for pan-frying, sautéing, roasting, steaming, and even baking! You can also stew, braise, and deep-fry with adequate depth.
What is the difference between an electric frying pan and an electric skillet?
Electric skillets and frying pans are not the same thing. A frying pan is a stovetop equipment, however an electric skillet is similar to a little stove that may be used to cook meals on. Electric skillets are also larger than frying pans, allowing you to cook more on them than a standard frying pan.
What is number one skillet?
Overall winner: Made In 10-Inch Nonstick Frying Pan. Another excellent option is the Anolon Advanced Nonstick 10-Inch Skillet. Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick 10-Inch Fry Pan is the best choice for beginners. Tramontina Professional Nonstick Restaurant Fry Pan is the best value. GreenPan GP5 Infinite8 Ceramic Nonstick 10-Inch Frypan is the best ceramic frypan.
What kind of skillets do professional chefs use?
In a restaurant, you’ll see a range of pans, such as stainless steel pans, cast iron pans, aluminum pans, and more. However, most chefs prefer to prepare cuisine in stainless steel pans.
What is the best cookware for even heating?
To get uniform cooking and reliable outcomes, seek for multi-ply stainless steel cookware. Withstands High Heat: Because stainless steel cookware can handle high heat and oven temperatures, it is very flexible. Sautéing, braising, and even baking may be done with stainless steel cookware.
What is the best low maintenance skillet?
We picked the All-Clad d5 Covered Saute Pan as our best selection for quality, performance, and simplicity of maintenance. If you don’t mind the needed maintenance, the Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet with Assist Handle is likewise an excellent choice in terms of longevity and affordability.
What pan is best for cooking evenly?
Stainless steel pans are the workhorses of the kitchen. They heat food uniformly, can handle all forms of cooking, travel from burner to oven, and can tolerate temperatures of up to 600°F depending on the brand.
What to look for when buying an electric skillet?
Here are some things to think about while selecting the finest electric skillet for your house.
Size and shape of the skillet. Electric skillets are available in a variety of shapes and sizes, including round, square, rectangular, and oval models.