Whether you’re going hunting, fishing with pals, or attending a music festival, owning the greatest hip flask on the market may bring a little of fun to the occasion and a bit of flare to your style. Hip flasks are slimmer than regular flasks and can fit into smaller areas, making them infinitely portable wherever you go. However, make sure you are aware of your local regulations, since open container laws apply to all flasks in the United States.
If you’re ready to invest in a new hip flask to bring with you everywhere you go, we’ve done all the legwork for you so you can simply discover the right one. Below are ten of the top possibilities on the market, one of which will undoubtedly meet your requirements. We’ll go through the greatest characteristics of these flasks and then provide some insight into the purchasing process so you can discover the ideal flask for you.
The GENNISSY 100% Leak Proof Stainless Steel Flask, which comes with glasses, a funnel, and everything else you need to enjoy an alcoholic beverage, is one of the finest alternatives on the market today. You may choose the one that best represents your style from three distinct designs.
Another great option is Top Shelf Flasks Stainless Steel Flask & Funnel Set, which includes a funnel and has a leakproof closure for spill-free sipping. It’s composed of high-quality stainless steel and has an attached cap, so you won’t lose it.
- Quick Comparison: 10 Top Hip Flasks
- 1. GENNISSY 100% Leak Proof Stainless Steel Flask
- 2. Top Shelf Flasks Stainless Steel Flask & Funnel Set
- 3. Primo Liquor Flasks Stainless Steel Primo Hip Flask Set
- 4. YWQ Solid Flasks Stainless Steel Flask & Funnel Set
- 5. Stanley Classic Flask
- 6. Simpler Life Flask & Funnel Set
- 7. QLL Stainless Steel Flask & Funnel Set
- 8. Future Hydrate Premium Leakproof Stainless Steel Hip Flask
- 9. SE Stainless Steel Hip Flask and Funnel Set
- 10. CORABLADE Pocket Hip Flask with Funnel
- What to Know When Choosing the Best Hip Flask
- Hip Flask Shape Choices and Their Differences
- How to Clean and Maintain Your Hip Flask
- How long can you leave alcohol in a hip flask?
- Can you leave alcohol in a hip flask?
- What is the most popular size hip flask?
- What is the best drink out of a flask?
- What are the dos and don’ts of a hip flask?
- How often should you wash a hip flask?
- Does keeping vodka in flask ruin it?
- Why shouldn’t you leave alcohol in a flask?
- How do you disinfect a hip flask?
- Can you put vodka in a hip flask?
Quick Comparison: 10 Top Hip Flasks
|GENNISSY 100% Leak Proof Stainless Steel Flask||A+|
|Top Shelf Flasks Stainless Steel Flask & Funnel Set||A|
|Primo Liquor Flasks Stainless Steel Primo Hip Flask Set||A-|
|YWQ Solid Flasks Stainless Steel Flask & Funnel Set||B+|
|Stanley Classic Flask||A|
|Simpler Life Flask & Funnel Set||A-|
|QLL Stainless Steel Flask & Funnel Set||B+|
|Future Hydrate Premium Leakproof Stainless Steel Hip Flask||A-|
|SE Stainless Steel Hip Flask and Funnel Set||B+|
|CORABLADE Pocket Hip Flask with Funnel||B+|
1. GENNISSY 100% Leak Proof Stainless Steel Flask
- The set includes a stainless steel flask, funnel, and three cups.
- This is a fantastic present for groomsmen, birthdays, Christmas, Father’s Day, and other occasions.
- When empty, it weighs just eight ounces and is 6.7 x 3.5 x 0.9 inches in dimension.
When you want the finest of the best, keep this GENISSY 100% Peak Proof Stainless Steel Flask on hand. One of the things that sets it distinctive is that you may select between two designs: a black US flag or a basic brown leather covering. If you’re giving it to someone special, you can even have it packed in a high-quality gift box.
It is made of 8 stainless steel and is ideal for storing whiskey, tequila, brandy, and other strong liquors. However, it should not be used for fruit-based wines or cocktails since the metal would corrode and render the flask useless. It may also have an adhesive scent, but letting it air out in an open place for a day can take care of that.This flask is composed of excellent 18 carat gold.
This is an excellent option for a flask that you can share with friends at a fair price. The features that come with it truly set it apart from other alternatives on the market. It’s also a good pick for the clumsier among us, since the leather covering gives a good grip.
2. Top Shelf Flasks Stainless Steel Flask & Funnel Set
- Eight-ounce flask that comes with a funnel
- Includes a one-of-a-kind screwing cap that is attached to the flask to keep it from falling off.
- It weighs little more than three ounces and measures 2 x 2 x 4 inches.
As one of our top flasks, you can be certain that this model is crafted of high-quality stainless steel that will not alter the taste of your whiskey or brandy. It also comes in a black gift box, making it ideal for a special occasion. It is built using laser welding to provide a leakproof seal, preventing spills and drips throughout a night of drinking.
For the price, it is without a doubt one of the greatest options for holding any drink you want. It also has a high-quality hinge to keep the cap in place, so you won’t have to worry about it breaking. One thing to keep in mind is that leaving alcohol in this for more than a day or two might cause it to take on a bad flavor, so it’s ideal for people who don’t mind emptying it every day.
3. Primo Liquor Flasks Stainless Steel Primo Hip Flask Set
- It is available in a number of styles, allowing you to choose the color and pattern that you want.
- Made from #304 food-grade stainless steel, which is both safe and corrosion-resistant.
- It weighs roughly 13 ounces and is 3.75 x 1 x 5.25 inches in size for mobility.
This is another eight-ounce flask, but it comes with a variety of leather covers to match your own taste. The Primo Liquor Flasks Stainless Steel Primo Hip Flask Set also includes a gift box and a funnel, eliminating the need for further purchases. It is intended to keep tastes from leeching into your beverages and hazardous metals from flowing through, which may be a concern with low-quality hip flasks.
These flasks are made for heavy-duty usage and are thicker than many other flasks, which is why they weigh somewhat more. Instead of the typical 0.4 to 0.5mm thickness, this flask has an astounding 0.6mm thickness, making it particularly sturdy and long-lasting. Each connection is laser welded to generate clean edges that avoid damage and leakage.
Each of these sturdy flasks can store five and a half shots of alcohol, allowing you to have multiple drinks throughout a day at the lake or beach. However, since this model lacks a linked cap, you must be cautious not to lose it. Otherwise, this hip flask has a lot of wonderful features.
4. YWQ Solid Flasks Stainless Steel Flask & Funnel Set
- It has an attached screw cap to keep it from falling out after a night of drinking.
- Cleaning is quick and simple, using just fresh, clean water and no soap.
- It weighs less than two ounces and measures 6.8 x 4 x 1.2 inches.
The YWQ Solid Flasks Stainless Steel Flask & Funnel Set is composed of robust stainless steel and comes in a variety of patterns. If you wish to share a collection of presents with a group of individuals, such as groomsmen at a wedding, it also comes as a single hip flask or a set of six. The flasks are all non-toxic and built of corrosion- and rust-resistant materials that will last a long time.
This hip flask features a unisex style that both men and women will like. It may be used for all of your favorite outdoor activities, such as boating and fishing, as well as camping, hiking, and hunting. Before arriving at your home, each flask is laser welded and subjected to stringent quality check. As a result, the flask is exceedingly unlikely to spill.
Some users of this flask have reported that the black covering might peel after a few usage, which could be a disadvantage. However, this is a tough choice that will not leak and looks great in conventional stainless steel.
5. Stanley Classic Flask
- Gray, scarlet, navy, black, and green are among the hues available.
- For safety, 8 stainless steel is BPA-free and rust-resistant.Made of high-quality 18K gold
- It weighs less than seven ounces and measures 7.5 x 3 x 1.5 inches.
The first thing most people notice about the Stanley Classic Flask is the brand name, which is widely renowned for producing dependable, long-lasting equipment and accessories for camping, hiking, and other outdoor activities. The sleek style of this straight hip flask, which is guaranteed to turn attention, is the second thing to notice.
Fortunately, this item is just as nicely made as other Stanley items and is certain to become a favorite among people who like a glass or two when out and about. This hip flask has an inbuilt lanyard for increased security to prevent the top from falling off.
It also features a large opening, which makes it easy to fill and pour if you’re sharing with others. Because of the high-quality materials used to construct this flask, it is completely leakproof and may be packed and transferred without fear of leaking.
6. Simpler Life Flask & Funnel Set
- It is available in both engraved and plain patterns, making it an excellent present or a satisfyingly basic personal hip flask.
- It has a curved kidney form that allows it to fit easily into coat or trousers pockets.
- It weighs little less than five ounces and measures 5.5 x 1.7 x 7.5 inches.
Rather of having a plain stainless steel hue or covered in leather, the Simpler Life Golf Flask & Funnel Set offers something unique. You may choose between copper-, black-, or gold-coated flasks that can be left simple or engraved with the words Well Deserved.
Under the coating is high-quality stainless steel, and each hip flask comes with an easy-to-use top and a funnel for pouring beverages. Each flask is presented in black satin gift wrapping to highlight its appearance and provide a touch of elegance.
This flask was created to address the most frequent flask concerns, allowing you to stop worrying about leaking, peeling, misplaced caps, and other issues. However, some users have reported problems with cap cross-threading, so keep an eye out for that.
7. QLL Stainless Steel Flask & Funnel Set
- To provide the greatest quality product for your requirements, each flask is independently inspected for leaks.
- Provides a screwing cap that is soldered to the body and attached to rivets so that it is never lost.
- It weighs little more than 1.5 pounds and measures 7.9 x 7 x 3.2 inches.
Rather of purchasing six different flasks to give to a party, the QLL Stainless Steel Flask & Funnel Set includes all of them in a one low-cost packaging. Every set includes a hip flask as well as a funnel for simple pouring of liquids such as scotch and whiskey.
You don’t have to worry about these flasks leaking like some others on the market since they are laser fused to form a seal that no liquid can get through.
Remember to wash this flask before using it to avoid any problems, and to clean it on a frequent basis to keep your beverages fresh and tasty. Furthermore, some customers have reported that the cap latches are fragile and may not last forever.
8. Future Hydrate Premium Leakproof Stainless Steel Hip Flask
- For safety, it is made of food-grade #304 stainless steel that is rust and corrosion resistant.
- Each set comes with a high-quality stainless steel micro funnel for your convenience.
- Weighs just four ounces and is 5 x 0.9 x 3.7 inches in size for simple carry.
The Future Hydrate Premium Leakproof Stainless Steel Hip Flask is an eco-friendly and BPA-free flask that comes in a number of styles, including stainless steel, black, and black and silver. Each flask also has laser-welded seams for clean edges and leak protection.
The flask’s tiny, kidney bean-shaped form ensures that it will fit effortlessly in your pocket. These high-quality flasks would also make a fantastic present for a wedding, birthday, or Christmas.
The cap on this model features a swing arm, so it won’t be misplaced even if you’re drinking with a few buddies. To give even more luxury to its look, it comes in an attractive black gift box for display or giving.
9. SE Stainless Steel Hip Flask and Funnel Set
- Holds eight ounces of bourbon, whiskey, rum, or vodka and is made of #201 stainless steel.
- Can be utilized for a variety of activities such as camping, hiking, fishing, or attending a concert.
- It weighs less than 2.5 ounces and measures 8.5 x 4 x 1.75 inches.
This stainless steel hip flask and funnel set from SE has everything you need to enjoy a few shots on the go. It’s composed of a material that can be readily engraved if you want to personalize the flask or make a one-of-a-kind present for someone special in your life.
The funnel that comes with the set is the perfect size for filling the flask without spilling or leaking, which may happen with a standard flask on its own. This is an easy-to-use tool that is resilient and long-lasting as long as you maintain the flask clean and dry of any moisture inside.
This flask is tiny enough to fit in a jacket or trousers pocket and strong enough not to leak wherever you put it. However, some individuals have reported problems with the arm that keeps the cap on, so keep an eye out for that.
10. CORABLADE Pocket Hip Flask with Funnel
- After some usage, 8 stainless steel will not rust, leak, or break apart.Made of high-quality 18K gold
- It is encased in black leather to provide a secure, solid grip that will not slide from the hands.
- It weighs roughly five ounces and has tiny storage dimensions of 3.9 x 1.2 x 6.7 inches.
The CORABLADE Pocket Hip Flask with Funnel is our last flask, and it is kidney-shaped to fit into a pocket for simple carrying. It features laser-welded seams, which prevent leaking even when jostled. Each hip flask is quality controlled by the manufacturer to guarantee that your whiskey or bourbon remains inside where it belongs.
This hip flask has a premium appearance and feel, making it an excellent option for anybody searching for a present for a special someone. It also works well as a personal flask for anybody who wants a drink or two whether camping, fishing, or going to a music festival. It also features a more subtle black leather style, so it will be less visible if you do not want it to be.
This stainless steel flask, like other stainless steel flasks, should be cleaned before use to ensure it is clean and ready to use. In addition, the hinge may occasionally come away, resulting in the loss of the cap. However, such concerns are unusual, and most people will likely have nothing but positive experiences with this model.
What to Know When Choosing the Best Hip Flask
There are several factors to consider when selecting the best hip flask for yourself or as a gift. Everything from the material used to construct the flask to its design and capacity will influence whether it fulfills your unique demands. We’ll go into more detail about all of these factors (and more) below, so you can choose the flask that’s right for you.
The Differences Between Traditional Flasks and Hip Flasks
Not sure what distinguishes a hip flask from a regular flask? There are just two features that distinguish them from other items on the market. Hip flasks are often smaller than standard flasks, allowing them to fit into pockets or other tiny locations. These flasks are also often shaped differently, akin to a kidney bean, which distinguishes them from standard flasks.
This unusual shape is due to the fact that these containers are intended to contour to the leg or thigh without causing pain, which also explains their name. They also vary from conventional flasks in that the lid is usually attached to the flask, eliminating the possibility of losing it. Overall, the hip flask is intended to be inconspicuous and concealable.
A standard flask, on the other hand, is more solid and may be drank from the top or, in some situations, via little cups that come with the flask. However, the bigger design makes this device more difficult to hide. Hip flasks are used by some individuals to avoid paying expensive costs for beverages at clubs, concerts, and sporting events.
What Capacity of Flask You Should Choose
While certain flask sizes are more frequent than others, hip flasks of various capacities are available. The flasks on our list are all eight ounces in size, which is the most typical size for this kind of container. ones who want a smaller or bigger flask may also buy ones on the market.
Keep in mind that hip flasks are often smaller in size, so finding one with a large capacity may be difficult. Because the goal is to provide discreet sipping, a bigger flask would be considerably more difficult to hide. Those looking for a huge flask to cover themselves and all their guests may be best served by a standard flask or a larger container.
Choosing the appropriate size is entirely subjective. If you simply need a few sips, consider the smaller hip flasks, which are easier to carry. In most circumstances, those seeking more should go for the usual eight-ounce choice.
Selecting the Best Materials for a Hip Flask
Hip flasks are available in a range of materials such as stainless steel, plastic, glass, pewter, leather, and others. Stainless steel hip flasks are by far the most popular alternative on the market, accounting for all ten spots on our list for this study. There are several reasons behind this, and we will discuss some of the more relevant ones below:
- The body is rust and corrosion resistant, so it won’t scratch and will remain beautiful for years.
- Stainless steel flasks are long-lasting, simple to clean, and completely safe to use.
- Falls, hard handling, and other forms of abuse will not cause harm.
- Available in a variety of sizes, shapes, and colors, with gold, copper, or silver plating for added opulence.
- It is less costly than other materials usually utilized to manufacture hip flasks.
Pewter is the second most preferred material for hip flasks. While it has many amazing features, it is also rather pricey, thus fewer people choose these flasks. However, for individuals who are truly into drinking or a certain kind of alcoholic beverage, this might be a nice option for a present or a collectors item. Although not as robust as stainless steel, this material has a higher-quality polish.
Hip Flask Shape Choices and Their Differences
We noted that many hip flasks are designed in the form of a kidney bean. There are, however, circular and straight hip flasks to consider. There are advantages and disadvantages to each of these solutions, so we’ll go through them in more detail below.
Kidney Bean Shaped Flasks
These are the most frequent flasks, with a form similar to a kidney bean, from which they derive their name. However, you may find them with an extremely little curvature, a massive curve, and any degree in between. The curved design has no bearing on how much booze or other liquids the bottle can carry; it simply affects how it fits against your body and appears.
Straight Shaped Hip Flasks
The straight or rectangular flask is the second most frequent shape you’ll come across. Finding one that is totally straight from top to bottom, on the other hand, might be more difficult than you would expect. This flask often has a little curvature, although it is far less than you would expect from a kidney-shaped flask.
What makes this flask popular with many people is that the form is great for fitting into a pocket, whereas the kidney bean shape flask does not.
Round Shaped Hip Flasks
The round flask is the least popular of the three conventional hip flask forms, owing to its inability to store as much alcohol as others.
How to Clean and Maintain Your Hip Flask
Fortunately, cleaning and maintaining a hip flask is a simple operation that anybody can undertake. However, skipping the cleaning procedure will cause your flask to decay faster, so understanding appropriate care and maintenance is critical. We’ll guide you through the process and give some recommendations below to ensure your flask lasts for years.
The simplest approach to keep your flask clean is to restrict the amount of time it has alcohol in it. If you’ve had booze in it for three days, it’s important to give the hip flask a thorough cleaning to eliminate any metallic flavor. This difficulty will not exist if you had a glass flask, however glass flasks have their own drawbacks, such as being difficult to locate and easy to shatter.
Cleaning the Flask Using Only Water
If you don’t have any other cleaning supplies, water may be used to clean out the flask if you follow the methods outlined here. While it may seem that using dishwashing soap is a good idea, it isn’t in most circumstances since it might leave undesired residue within the container. To begin, all you need to do is boil a cup or two of water and then pour it into the top of the flask.
After you’ve completely filled the flask with hot water, replace the top and shake it for at least 30 seconds. Then it’s only a matter of emptying the flask, turning it upside down, and letting it dry. This is a fantastic solution for circumstances when a fast clean is preferable than nothing. It is simple and basic.
Using White Vinegar as a Cleanser
White vinegar is a fantastic cleaner for a variety of surfaces, including your new hip flask. This is as simple as using water, and you don’t even need to boil anything to get things clean. Instead, pour a little amount of vinegar into the flask, shake for 30 seconds, and then dump the vinegar.
After you’re finished, rinse off your flask with water. Then, like with the last cleaning method, allow it to dry upside-down. Before you replace the cap, ensure sure there is no moisture remaining within.
If you don’t have white vinegar, don’t attempt to substitute another vinegar. Some of them will impart a taste that may clash with your scotch or whiskey.
Lemon Juice Can Also Clean a Hip Flask
If you don’t have white vinegar and want to use anything other than water, try lemon juice, which is incredibly acidic and capable of significant cleaning. Depending on your choice, dilute it with water or use it at full strength. As with the last cleaning method, you should shake it up, rinse it off, and then set it aside to dry.
Of course, you should always follow any cleaning and maintenance recommendations included with your flask. What works for the ordinary flask may not work for the one you purchase. Most flasks, however, may be simply cleaned with water, lemon juice, or white vinegar.
Additional Tips for Maintenance and Cleaning
Now that you know the three best methods to clean your flask, here are a few more pointers to help you keep your hip flask in good condition:
- Before the First Use, Clean the Flask You never know where a flask was before it came to you or how long it was sitting there, so a thorough cleaning is always recommended. Filling it with warm water, stirring it up, then pouring the water out will suffice. If you want to be extra careful, repeat a few times.
- Never use the dishwasher to clean dishes. There are so many easy methods to clean a flask that you should never have to use a dishwasher to clean it. Dishwashers pose a significant danger to flasks, particularly if they are constructed of stainless steel. The detergent in them might damage the finish of your flask, necessitating the purchase of a new one.
- Use it for the Purpose It Was Created For This means that flasks are designed to carry strong liquors rather than cocktails or fizzy liquids with a lot of sugar. Other beverages are not permitted in the flask, including whiskey, rye, gin, vodka, bourbon, and scotch. If you make drinks in a flask, it might create problems, so use a glass instead.
Once you’ve found the greatest hip flask for your requirements, you’ll be able to keep your favorite beverage close at hand in a variety of settings. We feel that the ten hip flasks listed above are among the finest on the market, but even if they do not satisfy your requirements, you now have the knowledge to discover one that does. All that remains is for you to choose your favorite and have it delivered right to your home!
How long can you leave alcohol in a hip flask?
How long can the spirit be kept in a flask? As a general rule, you should not leave it for more than a week; preferably, you should carry your day’s quota and consume it on the same day. Some claim that anything more than three days causes the liquid to develop a metallic flavor from the flask.
Can you leave alcohol in a hip flask?
How long can whiskey be stored in a hip flask? It is generally accepted that holding your alcohol in your flask for more than three days might cause the flavor of your drink to change.
What is the most popular size hip flask?
The most common size is the 6oz flask. It carries a fair measure of roughly 7 shots and so offers you with enough extra booze to make it worthwhile.
What is the best drink out of a flask?
Hard liquor, such as scotch, rum, bourbon, brandy, or gin, is ideal for sipping from a flask. Anything with less than 40% ABV, such as beer, wine, and cocktails, will not stay well in a flask.
What are the dos and don’ts of a hip flask?
Take a drink in front of someone without first giving a taste. When there are ladies around, don’t let a male take the first taste. If the flask isn’t going to be used for a time, don’t store any liquids in it. Use no soap or other cleaning products inside your flask.
How often should you wash a hip flask?
Keeping your hip flask
Using your flask is easy; just fill and go.Always clean up after yourself, as this will assist to extend the life of the flask and avoid lingering odors.
Does keeping vodka in flask ruin it?
Storage should be limited to three or four days.
There are no severe health dangers linked with consuming liquor that has been kept for an extended length of time in a stainless steel flask. The longer the whiskey is left in the flask, however, the more probable it is to acquire up disagreeable metallic qualities.
Why shouldn’t you leave alcohol in a flask?
If you keep alcohol in a metal flask for more than three days, it will develop a metallic flavor. Use an oak flask if you have a little of time, maybe 20 years or so. If kept for a long enough period of time, oak flasks will “oak age” any liquid placed in them, improving the quality of the alcohol.
How do you disinfect a hip flask?
To clean your hip flask, add equal parts vinegar or lemon juice and hot water, tighten the cover, shake firmly, and allow for around five minutes before washing completely.
Can you put vodka in a hip flask?
Although neat vodka or gin is absolutely safe to put in a flask, it is not advised since these spirits might taste excessively harsh when not refrigerated. Avoid cream liqueurs like Baileys since they spoil quickly and will create a residue inside your flask that will muck it up.