A silicone baking mat may be used to provide a firm surface for kneading dough or baking sweet and savory foods in the oven. The finest silicone mats can withstand high temperatures, can be cleaned in a few steps, and last for a long time. If you’re weary of paying too much for parchment paper, consider purchasing one or two silicone baking mats. They are reusable and suitable for human consumption.
The AmazonBasics Silicone Baking Mat is our top pick because it is made of food-grade silicone that is safe for consumption, it can withstand high temperatures, allowing you to cook a variety of foods, and it has a nonstick surface that eliminates the need for oil or cooking spray.
Our budget selection is the KITZINI Silicone Baking Mat, which enables you to prepare both sweet and savory foods without using any oil, cooking spray, or parchment paper. Furthermore, it is made of fiberglass, which makes the silicone baking mat more sturdy and long-lasting.
- Quick Comparison: Top 11 Best Silicone Baking Mats
- 1. AmazonBasics Silicone Baking Mat
- 2. KITZINI Silicone Baking Mat
- 3. Folksy Super Kitchen Silicone Baking Mat
- 4. GREENRAIN Silicone Baking Mat
- 5. GRIDMANN Silicone Baking Mat
- 6. Silpat Premium Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat
- 7. Amazon Basics AOKE-388 Silicone Baking Mat
- 8. Velesco Silicone Baking Mat
- 9. Silpat Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat
- 10. MMmat Silicone Baking Mat
- 11. Jollylife Silicone Healthy Cooking Baking Mat
- Things to Consider Before Buying the Best Silicone Baking Mat
- Which silicone baking mat is best?
- What is the difference between a silicone pastry mat and a silicone baking mat?
- Is there a difference in silicone baking mats?
- Are silicone baking mats worth the money?
- Do you use cooking spray on silicone baking mats?
- Do you need to use cooking spray on a silicone baking mat?
- Do you need parchment paper for silicone baking mat?
- How many times can you use a silicone baking mat?
- Do you need to use flour on a silicone pastry mat?
- Is it better to bake cookies on silicone mat or parchment paper?
Quick Comparison: Top 11 Best Silicone Baking Mats
(L x W)
|Maximum Temperature (°F)||Grade|
|AmazonBasics Silicone Baking Mat||8.50||11.6 x 16.5||480||A|
|KITZINI Silicone Baking Mat||8.00||16.5 x 0.75 x 11.63||450||A|
|Folksy Super Kitchen Silicone Baking Mat||8.80||15.79 x 2.28 x 0.79||470||A|
|GREENRAIN Silicone Baking Mat||8.00||16.6 x 1.7 x 1.6||464||A|
|GRIDMANN Silicone Baking Mat||4.50||11.9 x 1.73 x 1.65||480||A|
|Silpat Premium Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat||3.00||16.5 x 11.6 x 0.1||500||A|
|Amazon Basics AOKE-388 Silicone Baking Mat||7.40||16.5 x 11.63 x 0.03||480||B|
|Velesco Silicone Baking Mat||3.52||16.5 x 11.6 x 0.1||480||A|
|Silpat Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat||3.84||16.5 x 11.62 x 1||500||A|
|MMmat Silicone Baking Mats||8.40||2 x 2 x 12||500||B|
|Jollylife Silicone Healthy Cooking Baking Mat||7.00||15.8 x 11.2 x 0.4||446||A|
1. AmazonBasics Silicone Baking Mat
If you like simplicity in your house, this set of two silicone baking mats from AmazonBasics could be something to consider. Both mats are 11.6 X 16.5 inches in size and feature dark grey borders that are simple to match with any kitchen decor.
The mats can endure high temperatures of 480 degrees F and provide a nonstick surface ideal for sweet or savory baking.
We particularly like that this silicone baking mat is sturdy enough to resist the use of metal spatulas and utensils, which is typically a no-no for silicone baking mats. Because of its great resilience, the mat may also be cleaned on the top rack of your dishwasher, saving you the hassle of cleaning it with your hands.
- The mat has a simple design
- The set includes two mats of the same size
- It is resistant to the usage of metal spatulas and tools.
- It may be washed on your dishwasher’s top rack.
- Some people may find the design overly simple.
2. KITZINI Silicone Baking Mat
This baking mat set includes two silicone baking mats with a stylish weaving design surrounded by red and blue lining. Because the silicone used to produce this is heat resistant up to 450 degrees F, you may use it in your high heat oven.
8 of which can easily fit on any ordinary baking pan.The surface of the mat ensures that heat is uniformly distributed, avoiding your bakery goods from baking unevenly. This mat’s high quality silicone has been reinforced with a fiberglass core, providing flexibility and durability at the same time. The mat measures 16.5 x 11 5 inches.
This baking mat can not only endure high temperatures, but it can also be stored in your freezer for dough and unbaked cookies and can tolerate temperatures as low as minus 40 degrees F without getting damaged. Because the mat is nonstick on its own, you may use it to bake without needing additional butter or cooking spray, allowing you to create a nutritious, low-calorie baked item while also cleaning up the mat with less mess and hassle.
This mat is not only good for preparing pastries and biscuits, but it can also be used to knead dough, bake veggies and poultry, and make sweet treats like toffee, caramel, and lollipops. A multifunctional silicone baking mat would undoubtedly be a useful addition to your kitchen.
- The kit contains two silicone baking mats with contrasting colored borders.
- The mat can endure temperatures as high as 450 degrees Fahrenheit and as low as minus 40 degrees Fahrenheit in the freezer.
- It may be used for a variety of purposes, including baking savory and sweet dishes and as a surface for kneading dough.
- The mat features a nonsticky surface that allows you to easily remove baked goods from the baking pan without using grease or cooking spray.
- It can be easily cleaned and reused
- Both mats in the set are the same size, although some individuals may choose a different size to accommodate their baking pans.
3. Folksy Super Kitchen Silicone Baking Mat
If you are seeking for a well-designed silicone baking surface that can endure high temperatures, you might consider this item. This silicone baking surface can withstand temperatures ranging from -30 degrees Fahrenheit to 470 degrees Fahrenheit, allowing you to prepare a wide range of foods. The mat is 16 by 26 inches in size, making it big enough to cook most foods.
Because the silicone baking mat is composed of food-grade silicone, it will not emit any unpleasant odor when exposed to high heat. Because the silicone baking mat has a nonstick surface, there is no need to oil it or spray it with cooking spray before putting your meal on it.
The nonstick surface works well and offers a smooth surface for kneading dough. The nonstick surface also makes cleaning simpler since hardened pieces of food wash off fast and easily. You may wash it by hand with warm, soapy water or put it in the dishwasher to save time and effort.
The silicone baking mat’s non-slip bottom keeps it from sliding around the surface when kneading dough or doing other tasks. The bottom surface’s friction allows the mat to stick to any flat surface, making it simpler to use. It is not necessary to hold it with one hand when kneading dough. With a thickness of 0.7mm, this item is unlikely to crumple or fold with repeated usage.
- This mat is really simple to store. All you have to do is roll it up and put it in a drawer or cabinet.
- Because of its great temperature tolerance, it may be used as a table mat.
- This item comes with simple instructions that make it simple to use.
- This item is more handy since it has measurement indications on it.
- The dough will not be able to be sliced on the mat. To cut the dough, you will need to move it to another surface.
4. GREENRAIN Silicone Baking Mat
This GREENRAIN silicone baking mat is noted for its high-quality manufacturing, which allows it to last a long time. The silicone baking mat is composed of superior food-grade silicone and fiberglass and has a thickness of 0.6mm, making it unlikely to wrinkle or tear with continuous usage. This huge mat spans 16 by 24 inches and can accommodate a significant quantity of dough.
The silicone baking mat features a nonstick surface that keeps the dough from adhering to it. On the mat, you don’t need to use a lot of oil, butter, or cooking spray. Furthermore, the nonstick coating makes cleaning simpler since hardened or sticky parts of dough wash off fast and easily.
When it comes to cleaning, this silicone baking mat can be thrown in the dishwasher to save time and effort. To retain its quality, place it on the top rack of the dishwasher. If you’re doing your own laundry, use warm, soapy water. It is advisable not to use strong soaps or brushes while cleaning since the nonstick surface may be harmed.
The baking mat features a non-slip bottom that helps it adhere to any flat surface. The silicone baking mat’s non-slip bottom keeps it from sliding over the tabletop while in use. You do not need to keep the mat in place when kneading dough or rolling out pastry.
- Because it is thicker than most other mats, it is more durable.
- It is pretty big, so you may put flour or dough in one corner.
- This mat’s nonstick surface makes it exceptionally smooth, allowing you to roll fondant on it.
- Because the mat is relatively thick, you may chill hot dishes or food on it.
- If your dough is excessively sticky, powder the kneading surface before kneading.
5. GRIDMANN Silicone Baking Mat
If you’re seeking for a silicone baking mat that can handle both dough-kneading and baking, these ones from GRIDMANN could be precisely what you’re looking for. They come in a set of two and are made of professional-grade materials that do not contain BPA.
On these silicone baking mats, you may knead sticky dough or prepare cookie dough. You may also bake them as long as the temperature does not exceed 480 degrees Fahrenheit. You will also be able to prepare lamb chops, roasts, meatloaves, and a variety of other dishes.
This mat will allow you to knead dough or bake a batch of cookies. This mat is intended to replace your expensive parchment papers. Because of the high quality of manufacturing, you may use these silicone baking mats for a long time. You will be able to utilize them on a daily basis without affecting their quality.2 by 11-5Because each mat measures 16-1, these silicone baking mats are ideal for covering tiny baking pans or trays.
The nonstick surface helps you to prepare a large amount of food while using little oil, butter, or cooking spray. Cooked food or kneaded dough may be simply moved from the mat to another dish. Furthermore, the nonstick coating makes cleaning simpler since the hardened pieces of food wash off fast and easily. Warm, soapy water may be used to clean the matting.
- The mat may be washed in the dishwasher. You should only put it on the top rack.
- The mats can be used in all types of ovens
- The surface is exceptionally smooth, making kneading dough a breeze.
- When you set these mats on a baking pan, the food cooks evenly because the heat is distributed equally across the cooking zone.
- These mats are not suitable for use when grilling meals. They will cause harm if used near open flames.
- Both mats are of the same size
6. Silpat Premium Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat
If you work in a professional bakery, you will be familiar with the term Silpat, which bakers use instead of the term silicone baking mat when referring to one. And it’s no wonder that a firm founded by a passionate baker himself, and which has been producing dependable baking equipment for a long time, would have such a prominent place in the baking industry.
2, often known as the conventional half-sheet size, has curved corner edges that make lifting it off the baking pan simple.8 x 16-1As a result, our list would be incomplete without this silicone baking mat from Silpat, which has been praised by consumers and is still regarded as one of the finest for baking. The dimensions of this baking mat are 11-5.
It has a temperature range of -40 F to 482 F and may be used to produce both baked and frozen foods. The mat’s quality is exceptional, as it blends high-quality food grade silicone with a fiberglass mesh to give a superb non-sticky surface that promotes uniform browning and baking.
It also has a high endurance, allowing you to use it for at least 2000 to 3000 baking sessions, depending on how properly you use it. If you are a professional baker or a serious home baker searching for a high quality and genuine silicone baking mat, this Silpat mat is one of your finest alternatives.
- Silpat silicone baking mat is a well-known product that has been used for many years by professional bakers.
- It may be used in both the freezer and the oven.
- It includes curved edges to make it easier to remove the mat from the baking pan.
- It is sold as a single product instead of a set
7. Amazon Basics AOKE-388 Silicone Baking Mat
Whether you are a professional baker or an avid home chef, this set of silicone baking mats will make baking simpler. The length, breadth, and thickness of the two mats are the same. On the surface are macaron templates that enable you to pipe the batter into precise circles. There are 30 patterns in all, so you may create 15 macarons, 30 biscuits, tarts, brownie bites, and much more.
Because silicone baking mats are as smooth as silk, you won’t need to grease or spray them with oil or butter. The surface is incredibly smooth, thus no parchment paper is required on top. Simply set the mat on a baking sheet or pan and place it in the oven. When using these mats in the oven, keep the temperature below 480 degrees Fahrenheit.
The smooth, nonstick surface makes it simple to transfer the cooked macaroons or cookies to a serving plate. Because the food is unlikely to stick to the silicone baking mats, you won’t need to use any sharp items. Furthermore, the smooth surface makes cleaning easy since you don’t have to brush or scrape anything off. All of the dried-up food particles wash away immediately. Because there is less danger of ripping or damage, the mats are more resilient and long-lasting.
- There are two sorts of circular templates printed on the surface, allowing you to choose between two sizes.
- You may use the baking mat to protect the baking tray’s surface.
- The mats may be washed in the dishwasher. Because of the nonstick surface, they are very simple to clean by hand.
- For a standard-sized baking tray or pan, the size is very large. The mat tends to protrude from the baking tray’s outside borders.
- If the mats are put in the dishwasher, watermarks may appear on their surface.
8. Velesco Silicone Baking Mat
2 and a thickness of 0.75 mm, and will fit well on common baking sheets in your house.8 x 16 1If you do a lot of baking, you should look at Velesco’s silicone baking mat set, which contains not one, but three mats of the same size and thickness. Each mat is 11 5 inches in size.
The mats are comprised of a silicone-fiberglass hybrid material, which offers an outstanding nonstick surface as well as a long lifespan. Because it can resist temperatures ranging from -40°F to 480°F, it may be used in the freezer, microwave, and toaster oven.
You may also use it on your kitchen table for rolling and kneading dough, and the dough will always slide off easily owing to the mat’s nonstick surface. Another feature of the mat that we like is that it can be cleaned in the dishwasher, which saves down on cleaning time after baking.
- There are three mats in a set, so you won’t have to purchase them individually.
- The mat can withstand temperatures ranging from -40 degrees F to 480 degrees F, allowing it to be used in the freezer, microwave, and toaster oven.
- It may be used as a nonstick surface for rolling and kneading dough.
- It can be washed in the dishwasher
- The three mats are all the same size and look.
9. Silpat Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat
If you require a multi-purpose silicone baking surface, consider purchasing this item from Silpat. This mat complements both sweet and savory dishes. It can resist temperatures ranging from -40 degrees Fahrenheit to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. This mat may be used in the refrigerator, freezer, oven, and even the microwave.
This silicone baking mat is ideal for baking trays or pans that are 13 inches wide and 18 inches long. It is made of high-quality materials such as fiberglass mesh and food-grade silicone. The mat is unlikely to rip or get damaged quickly since it is composed of high-quality, robust materials. You will be able to use this mat for a long time.
The mat’s quality structure also allows it to absorb and transfer heat effectively and evenly. Simply set it over your baking dish and observe how soon your cookies, macarons, tiny doughnuts, or other similar foods bake. You may also use this mat in the oven to cook chicken, steak, lamb chops, and a variety of other foods.
The spherical templates on the mat make it possible to pipe the batter into exact circular forms. This guarantees that your macarons and cookies are all the same shape and size. There are 13 templates on the mat, so you may produce a reasonable amount of delicious goodies.
- When you use hot, soapy water, all of the dried pieces of food wash away rapidly.
- To store the mat, wrap it up or put it flat.
- When rolled, the mat is unlikely to fold or wrinkle.
- You won’t need to oil or spray the mat since it already has a nonstick surface.
- If you use sharp items on the mat when cutting dough or poking holes, it is prone to rip.
10. MMmat Silicone Baking Mat
This silicone baking mat from MMmat is incredibly strong, long-lasting, and suited for daily use. It is composed of superior food-grade German silicone that is free of BPA, PFOA, and other potentially dangerous chemicals. When bent, folded, or rolled, this silicone baking mat has very little creasing or wrinkling. It is very simple to store and requires little upkeep.
Because of its high temperature tolerance, you may use this mat in the oven, microwave, or even the dishwasher. When exposed to intense heat, silicone is unlikely to melt or get damaged. It can endure temperatures up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. You’ll be able to make cookies, small doughnuts, and a variety of other treats. You will be able to prepare savory foods as well.
Because the mat features a non-slip base, it is unlikely to move while in use. It adheres nicely to flat surfaces, allowing you to effortlessly knead dough or pipe batter into tiny circles. Because the mat is unlikely to slide over the surface, you won’t need to keep it down while using it.
This mat is incredibly smooth due to its nonstick surface. You won’t need to use any oil or butter to lubricate it. There is also no need to apply cooking spray. Furthermore, the nonstick surface makes cleaning a breeze since you won’t have to scrape away any hardened pieces of food. All of the undesired particles are immediately washed away with hot, soapy water.
- The mat is safe to use in the freezer. It can tolerate temperatures as low as -40°F.
- When subjected to intense heat, the mat is unlikely to emit any odors or pollutants.
- This mat may be used in place of parchment paper.
- The mat may be used to chill or thaw hot or frozen food.
- The mat is really little. It is too little to fit a full-sized baking dish or pan.
- On the surface, there are no spherical templates. Pipe the batter in regular forms will be tough.
11. Jollylife Silicone Healthy Cooking Baking Mat
Unlike the other mats on our list, this one is not flat and has a raised texture that provides you an edge while cooking and baking. When it comes to roasting and baking, parchment sheets are an excellent alternative to silicone baking mats, and many people prefer to use them since parchment papers provide a crisper finish than silicone mats.
If you’re seeking for a silicone baking mat that will help you get comparable crispy results, look no further since this mat has been specially developed to accomplish just that! The mat’s pyramid-like features enable air to circulate around the meal and transfer heat through convection as fats and oils trickle down below.
This offers your food, such as biscuits and bacon, a crispy finish while also making it healthier by lowering the fat level. Another fantastic feature of this design is that the reverse side of the mat, which has a ridged square texture, may be used as a food mold for foods such as waffles and cookies.
This innovatively built mat is 11.5 by 16 inches and can endure temperatures ranging from -40 to 446 degrees Fahrenheit. Because the mat does not include any hazardous plastic elements, you may cut it to whatever shape and size you like and use it to suit a smaller baking sheet.
- The mat may be cut into any shape and size you choose.
- It includes little raised pyramid forms all over the surface, which promotes air circulation and keeps your food crisper and healthier.
- It can be rolled for neat and compact storage
- The mat’s reverse side is built with square ridges, allowing it to be used as a food mold for waffles and other similar foods.
- The carpet can endure temperatures ranging from -40 to 446 degrees Fahrenheit.
- If your batter or dough is especially fragile, the patterns on the mat’s surface may impact it.
Things to Consider Before Buying the Best Silicone Baking Mat
If you just create a tiny quantity of cookies, macarons, mini doughnuts, or other similar delicacies, a half-sized silicone baking surface may enough. The dimensions of your silicone baking mat will also be determined by the dimensions of your baking trays. If you have big baking pans, a full-sized silicone baking mat may be preferable. A larger mat will provide you more area to effortlessly knead dough. It will also enable you to prepare greater amounts of meals.
Quality of Construction
The silicone utilized in the baking mat’s manufacturing should be of high quality. It is preferable to utilize food-grade silicone in its manufacturing. If the baking mat has a nonstick surface, it should be free of BPA, PFOA, and other potentially dangerous compounds. Furthermore, a silicone baking mat coated with fiberglass mesh is more likely to be robust and solid.
Plain vs. Printed Templates
If you typically bake cookies, macarons, donuts, or other similar foods on your silicone baking mat, you may want to choose one with circular templates printed on it. You will be able to pipe the batter into consistent round shapes, giving your baked items a more professional appearance. If you want to use your silicone baking surface to cook meat, steak, or other similar foods, a simple one may be better for you.
A silicone baking surface that can resist high temperatures may be used in the oven, microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator, and even freezer. When exposed to intense heat, it should not melt or get damaged. If you wish to freeze cookie dough or other food, your silicone baking surface should be able to withstand temperatures as low as -40 degrees Fahrenheit.
If you want to use your silicone baking mat to knead dough, choose one with a slip-resistant base. The non-slip base keeps the mat from sliding away when kneading dough. It will assist to keep the mat in place so you don’t have to hold it down while using it.
A simple-to-clean silicone baking surface will save you a lot of time and work. Because most silicone baking mats have a nonstick surface, waste wipes off readily when cleaned with hot, soapy water. It is critical not to use strong dish detergents or cleaning brushes since they may ruin the mats’ nonstick surface. If your silicone baking mat is dishwasher friendly, keep it on the top racks only.
You may keep your silicone baking mat in a drawer or kitchen cabinet by folding it or putting it flat. It is recommended that you get one that does not fold or wrinkle when rolled.
Do I need to grease my non-stick silicone baking mat?
There is no need to treat silicone baking mats with oil, butter, or cooking spray since they already have a nonstick surface.
Sharp items should not be used on your silicone baking surface. The mat is easily ripped or perforated, allowing dangerous chemicals into your meal.
A silicone baking mat is a long-lasting solution to many baking difficulties and will quickly become one of your favorite baking items. Now that you know what to avoid and which ones to choose, it’s time to fire up the oven and start making your favorite delights!
Which silicone baking mat is best?
Amazon Basics Silicone Baking Mat, Pack of 2 is the best overall choice.
Kitzini Baking Mats, 2 Half Sheets, came in second place.
Silpat Premium Nonstick Silicone Baking Mat is the best baking mat.
OXO Good Grips Silicone Pastry Mat is the best for rolling out dough.
MIU Macaron Silicone Baking Mat Set is ideal for making macarons.
What is the difference between a silicone pastry mat and a silicone baking mat?
The distinction between baking mats and pastry mats
The thickness of a silicone baking mat is 0.7-0.8mm. The thickness of a silicone pastry mat is 0.4mm. Silicone baking mats are intended for both home and professional baking and are used in conjunction with an oven tray.
Is there a difference in silicone baking mats?
A silicone baking mat is a nonstick baking surface composed of food-grade silicone. This surface is available in a variety of shapes and sizes to accommodate different kinds of baking pans. The biggest advantage of using a silicone mat over parchment paper is that it is reusable.
Are silicone baking mats worth the money?
They’ll make your cookies better.
A silicone baking mat aids in the creation of a more level baking surface on even the most sloppy baking sheets, resulting in cookies with more evenly browned bottoms – and fewer burned cookies.
Do you use cooking spray on silicone baking mats?
Many silicone bakeware products live up to their nonstick reputation. However, lightly greasing or spraying your silicone mats before laying dough or food on them will aid in the removal of your newly baked delight.
Do you need to use cooking spray on a silicone baking mat?
Silicone mats should not be treated with culinary sprays or sprayed with oil or grease, according to the manufacturers. It is not essential to oil a silicone baking surface that is already nonstick.
Do you need parchment paper for silicone baking mat?
Using silicone baking mats instead of single-use parchment paper will give an eco-friendly nonstick surface option. Silicone roasting mats are a zero waste kitchen solution that can be used with any meal that roasts in the oven, from baked products like cookies to roasted veggies like broccoli.
How many times can you use a silicone baking mat?
Silicone baking mats are vital items of cookware that are often seen in restaurants or industrial kitchens, but they are also useful tools for home cooks. These oven mats are suitable for both sweet and savory dishes and may be used in the oven up to 3,000 times before needing to be changed.
Do you need to use flour on a silicone pastry mat?
A rough amount of dough rolls easily on silicone, forming itself into a smooth ball with only a few fast turns: no flour or cooking spray necessary.
Silicone baking mats are often seen as an improvement over regular parchment paper. They provide a firm nonstick surface on which cookies may bake evenly; they do not transfer heat, so they do not generate hot spots or burn your cookies.