We’ve all heard how difficult and time-consuming it is to peel apples. It’s difficult to get the correct amount of skin off the apples using simply a sharp knife. Fruit and vegetable peelers usually leave some skin on the apples, which must be scraped off by hand. If you want an easier method to peel apples so that you may prepare jams and pies practically simply, you should consider investing in one of the finest apple peelers.
The greatest apple peelers will enable you to remove the outer skin of the apples in record speed and with no effort. You may be able to core and slice the apples using your apple peeler as well. It is an excellent tool for peeling potatoes, tomatoes, eggplants, and other fruits and vegetables.
The Starfrit 93209 Rotato Express is our top selection. It is small in size, has a sleek design, and a robotic arm with a high-quality stainless steel blade. If you want a dependable apple peeler that will function automatically and spare you the hassle of peeling apples by hand, this is a terrific gadget that will get the job done quickly and effectively.
The Johnny Apple Peeler from VICTORIO VKP1010 is our affordable selection. It is a multifunctional instrument that can peel, slice, and core apples in a matter of minutes. You may select between thick and thin peels by adjusting the peeling blade. This item is exceptionally strong and long-lasting. The stainless steel blade retains its sharpness for an extended amount of time. This apple peeler is unquestionably revolutionary.
- Top 12 Best Apple Peelers Quick Comparison
- 1. Starfrit 93209 Rotato Express – Electric Peele
- 2. Johnny Apple Peeler by VICTORIO VKP1010
- 3. KitchenAid Spiralizer Attachment
- 4. Starfrit 93013 Pro-Apple Peeler
- 5. OXO Good Grips Pro Swivel Peeler
- 6. Gorgenius Apple Peeler
- 7. Apple Peeler and Corer by Cucina Pro
- 8. Johnny Apple Peeler
- 9. COOAK Apple Peeler
- 10.Kitchen Fundamentals Peeler, slicer, and corer for apples
- 11. Gorgenius Three-in-One Apple Peeler
- MOCE Apple Peeler No. 12
- Consider the following while purchasing an apple peeler:
- What type of peeler is best for apples?
- What’s the easiest way to peel apples?
- What are the different kinds of apple peelers?
- What is the difference between suction and clamp apple peeler?
- How do I choose a peeler?
- Do you need to wash apples if you’re going to peel them?
- Is it better to peel apples or not to peel?
- What do you soak peeled apples in?
- How do you peel apples in bulk?
Top 12 Best Apple Peelers Quick Comparison
|Starfrit 93209 Rotato Express||1.83||plastic||6.31 x 6.5 x 11||A|
|Johnny Apple Peeler by VICTORIO VKP1010||2.00||stainless steel||12 x 4.25 x 5.5||A|
|KitchenAid Spiralizer Attachment||2.20||stainless steel||5.8 x 12.4 x 2.9||A|
|Starfrit 93013 Pro-Apple Peeler||1.05||plastic||7.29 x 14.58 x 10.94||A|
|OXO Good Grips Pro Swivel Peeler||0.31||stainless steel||10.4 x 4.2 x 1.2||A|
|Gorgenius Apple Peeler||1.34||stainless steel||11.8 x 3.94 x 5.1||A|
|Apple Peeler and Corer by Cucina Pro||1.59||chrome cast iron||10.2 x 5.7 x 4.5||A|
|Johnny Apple Peeler||2.00||cast iron||12 x 2 x 8||B|
|COOAK Apple Peeler||1.41||Magnesium Alloy||10.24 x 5.55 x 4.45||A|
|Kitchen Basics Apple Peeler, Slicer & Corer||1.00||plastic||10.3 x 5.5 x 4.5||B|
|Gorgenius 3 in 1 Apple Peeler||1.38||stainless steel||10.2 x 7.01 x 4.49||A|
|MOCE Apple Peeler||1.43||stainless steel||10.12 x 6.18 x 4.29||B|
1. Starfrit 93209 Rotato Express – Electric Peele
Kitchen utensils may occasionally come in gaudy colors and patterns that can ruin the look of the whole kitchen. But, with this Starfrit product, you can put that anxiety to rest since it has a highly current style and color. Because of its vertical shape, the device is a very small tool that will take up very little room on your kitchen counter or table. It also features a compartment at the bottom, a clever addition to the base that lets you to keep additional blades and the thumb knife, making them easily accessible and prevents them from being misplaced.
The body is composed of ABS plastic, which is more durable and a better alternative than metallic bodies if you want to prevent metal bodies that corrode over time. The peeler’s base is also slip-resistant, so you can comfortably use it on kitchen tables without worrying about it falling off the edges or having to hold it down to balance it while in use.
The peeler features spikes that offer a tight and solid grasp on the apple’s top and bottom, so you won’t have to hold it with your hands while it’s being peeled. This reduces the danger of infection from touching the apples with soiled hands and protects your hands from unintentional wounds. The peeler’s robotized arm peels the apple quickly, preparing it for eating or further processing for cooking or usage in your favorite apple dessert. Since the machine switches off automatically after the apple has been entirely peeled, you may concentrate on other tasks by merely pressing a button and not have to return to turn it off.
Have you ever had an electric kitchen item and wished you could take it camping or on picnics but couldn’t because it required an alternating current power supply? Fear no more, since this apple peeler can be powered by batteries as well as an AC adapter, allowing you to take it with you to any outdoor event and peel your apples while you’re there. While this machine is an amazing apple peeler, it can also be used to peel any vegetable or fruit.
- The stylish hue and small shape complements the ambiance of your kitchen while saving room on your kitchen table or counter.
- The body is composed of tough ABS plastic, and the base is non-slip.
- A compartment at the bottom may be used to store replacement blades, preventing them from being misplaced.
- The peeler is automatic and simple to use. You may activate it by clicking a button, and it will switch off automatically after the peeling is completed.
- It may be supplied by an AC power source or by batteries, making it an extremely portable tool for picnics and other outdoor activities.
- It is not necessary to hold the apple while it is being peeled.
- Simple to clean with a damp towel
- Besides from apples, it may be used to peel vegetables and fruits.
- It features sharp spikes and an electrically spinning blade, therefore it should be kept out of reach of youngsters.
- It needs electricity to function.
- Since there is no room for collecting the peeled skin, things may become a bit messy.
- Since it is an electronic gadget, the components cannot be completely cleaned.
- The apple’s top and bottom ends must be physically removed.
- When in operation, the machine may be loud.
- The body is constructed of plastic, and although it is ABS plastic, which is more durable, some users may prefer a more robust metallic body.
2. Johnny Apple Peeler by VICTORIO VKP1010
If you want a kitchen gadget that can peel, slice, and core apples, this is another wonderful alternative. While it is quite similar to the previous two goods, it has certain peculiarities that may make it a better pick for you. Its body is composed of enamel coated cast iron, which makes it very sturdy and provides a very smooth finish to the surface. The handle is constructed of wood, which makes it quite pleasant to grasp and also adds to the overall elegance of the apple peeler.
You may simply change the pieces so that you can select between peeling just, core and slice without peeling, or core and slice. This peeler is particularly unusual in that the peeling blade can be adjusted, allowing you to pick how deeply you wish to peel the apple.
- The sturdy enamel coated cast iron body ensures long-lasting durability and a glossy appearance.
- The depth of the peeling blade is adjustable.
- You can peel, slice, and core all at together.
- During usage, the rubber suction base offers excellent stability.
- If the metallic fork at one end is left out in the open, it may be harmful.
- For novices, the modifications for peeling, coring, and slicing might be perplexing.
3. KitchenAid Spiralizer Attachment
If you possess a KitchenAid hand mixer, this apple peeler attachment will save you a lot of money and storage space. This is a multipurpose tool that may be used to peel apples, cucumbers, potatoes, zucchinis, carrots, and many other fruits and vegetables. This gadget will also allow you to core apples.
The spiralizer attachment is comprised of durable materials such as stainless steel, which helps to prevent rust and corrosion. Additionally, the stainless steel construction makes the item more sturdy and long-lasting. Moreover, this item is easily connected to your hand mixer in a few easy steps. It comes with detailed instructions that are simple to follow.
You will be given four distinct kinds of spiralizer blades: fine spiralizer blades, medium spiralizer blades, spiral slice blades, and spiral peeling blades. The spiral slice blade is available in two sizes: big and small. The big one performs best at a speed of 6, while the little one performs best at a speed of 4. This gadget is quite simple to operate. Just insert the skewers and blades to the spiralizer attachment and choose a speed between 2 and 10.
- The blades are dishwasher safe, making cleaning simple, fast, and safe.
- Just input the model number of your KitchenAid hand mixer to discover whether it is compatible with this item.
- It comes with a durable storage case that enables you to keep all of its pieces together.
- Assembling and dismantling the pieces is simple and takes little time.
- You will be unable to utilize this item if you do not possess the appropriate KitchenAid model.
- Trim the sides of your fruits and veggies before threading them onto the skewer.
4. Starfrit 93013 Pro-Apple Peeler
This apple peeler is an excellent alternative for anybody seeking a non-electric but quick and efficient apple peeler. Despite the fact that it is manual, you do not have to hold the apple as it is peeled. All you have to do is place the apple firmly on the peeler and then crank a handle connected to the peeler. This peeler’s blade is broader than other apple peelers on the market, which means the apple is peeled quicker, the final surface of the apple is smoother, and there is less mess after the task is done.
You’ll be astonished to learn that this apple peeler also has a bonus apple core cutter, which allows you to slice the whole apple at one.
You may be concerned about the machine sliding when you spin the handle, but the manufacturer has taken this into consideration and included suction grip feet beneath the machine so you may peel away without fear of slipping or falling.
- There is no need for power.
- It is simple to operate since all you have to do is spin the handle.
- When compared to other peelers, the blade is broader.
- Suction grip feet efficiently prevent slippage.
- Includes a free apple core slicer.
- It is simple to clean with a moist towel.
- Since the body is composed of translucent plastic, many users may mistake it for a toy.
5. OXO Good Grips Pro Swivel Peeler
If you want the most freedom in how you peel the apple, a portable peeler rather than a countertop hand cranked peeler is the best choice. When it comes to portable apple peelers, OXO has long been a household brand. The reason for this is because when they originally created their product, they concentrated heavily on user-friendliness and quality. They thoroughly researched what sort of handle was best suited for an apple peeler and developed the optimum form and material to provide a strong grip while also optimizing control over how the user wishes to peel the apple.
This is evident in their ergonomically contoured elliptical handle, which prevents it from rotating when in use, the fins on either side of the handle, which absorb pressure and allow you to work for extended periods of time without your hand hurting, and the durable rubberized material of the handle, which provides a good grip even when the peeler or your hand is wet. We’ve all forgotten where we put a little kitchen utensil and never found it when we needed it the most. With this in mind, the designers included a hole in the handle to enable it to be readily hung in a conspicuous area in the kitchen.
Apart from the handle, much thought has gone into making the blade as effective as possible. The robust and durable blade, made of sharp stainless steel and kept in place by a portion made of sturdy and durable die-cast zinc, has been angled to remove just the minimal amount of peel required, reducing waste. As an added benefit, the peeler has a sharp eyer for removing minute flaws on your apples.
- Even when the peeler is wet, the ergonomic shape of the handle gives optimal control and a very excellent grip.
- The peeler’s hole may be used to hang it from anyplace, preventing it from being misplaced.
- The sharp stainless steel blade, together with the eyer, is ideal for apple preparation.
- Compact, light, portable, and simple to use
- Can be cleaned in the dishwasher
- All of the job must be done by hand.
- The apples are not sliced or cored.
6. Gorgenius Apple Peeler
If you’re seeking for an apple peeler that will peel your apples cleanly and easily, you might choose Gorgenius’s strong and effective apple peeler. It not only peels but also cores and cuts apples flawlessly. This gadget is also incredibly simple to operate. All you have to do is screw the black knob onto the object, adjust the blade, then draw back the skewer.
Finally, thread the apple core onto the skewer and constantly spin the handle to force it through the blade. In only a few minutes, your apple will be peeled, cored, and spiral-sliced.
This apple peeler is created using superior materials such as heavy-duty cast iron. Its strong design keeps the object from breaking, warping, bending, or being damaged. It also inhibits the formation of rust on its surface. Moreover, the vacuum suction countertop base and the thin metal side clamp ensure that the item remains stable while in use. When peeling, slicing, and coring apples, the apple peeler will not wobble or slide over the table.
The item is ideal for producing salads, pies, squashes, and a variety of other dishes. It also pairs nicely with other fruits and vegetables including as potatoes, carrots, cucumbers, and beets.
- It simultaneously peels, cuts, and cores apples.
- It is easy to use because of the non-slip base.
- If the blade grows dull, you may replace it.
- The item comes with simple to follow printed instructions.
- This apple peeler should not be washed in the dishwasher.
- If you do not properly dry the apple peeler after washing it, it may rust.
- The handle is not very strong.
7. Apple Peeler and Corer by Cucina Pro
This high-quality apple peeler and corer is unique. It features a sturdy construction that aids with the removal of apple peels. At the same time, it cores the apples. Also, you do not need to trim the ends of the apple before inserting it onto the skewer. To peel and core the apple, just spin the handle in a circular motion. You will be able to peel and core a large number of apples in a short amount of time. This apple peeler does everything for you. You may also use this gadget to peel potatoes.
This apple peeler, which is entirely white with black and steel pieces, not only operates well but also looks good. The enamel finish gives it a shiny, classic appearance.
This product features a high-quality build that will allow you to use it for a long time. The apple peeler is composed of chrome cast iron, which makes it resistant to hard environments. The handle’s black knob makes it easy to spin the handle comfortably. Also, the pieces are simple to assemble and dismantle. That is not a lengthy procedure.
Since the blades are constructed of stainless steel, they may keep their sharp edges for an extended amount of time. Moreover, the stainless steel structure prevents the blades from readily bending, warping, or breaking. Moreover, the blades are sharp enough to remove precisely the correct amount of skin off the apples. On the other hand, since this item is not very big, it does not take up much storage room. The pieces are simply disassembled in order to fit them into small areas.
- The powerful suction base adheres to any surface and keeps the item stable while in use.
- Since the coring blade is removable, you may opt to merely peel apples.
- The thickness of the slices may be adjusted.
- The item is lightweight, making it simple to transport.
- You must clean it immediately, or else the hardened apple chunks will be impossible to remove.
- The apple peeler cannot be washed in the dishwasher.
8. Johnny Apple Peeler
A slicing blade and a suction base are included. This apple peeler lets you peel, slice, and core apples all at once. This apple peeler is ideal for creating apple pies, dried apples, apple jams, salads, and a variety of other dishes. It consists of a lock lever, a shaft, a fork or skewer, a wooden handle, a peeling arm, and a coring device.
slicing blade. The apple peeler has a three-way action. Just lock the peeling arm with the metal lever to core and slice the apple without losing its skin. You may alternatively peel and coring the apple without slicing it.
The apple peeler is made of heavy-duty cast iron, which makes it incredibly strong and long-lasting. Enamel is applied to the body to increase durability and sturdiness. The enamel covering also makes cleaning simpler since the hardened chunks of apples and juices simply wash off. This item’s high-quality build enables you to use it for five years without issue. All broken components will be replaced by the manufacturer during the first five years of usage.
By adjusting the location of the peeling arm, you can simply modify the size of the apple slices. When in operation, the suction base keeps the apple peeler stable. Moreover, the clamp base secures the apple peeler to tabletops or counters, preventing it from wandering around too much. When in operation, it will not wobble or slide over the surface. This item may also be used to peel potatoes.
- The hardwood crank handle is easy to use and has a nice grip.
- You’ll be able to chop apples in a spiral pattern.
- It is not necessary to cut the ends of the apple before inserting it onto the skewer.
- The apple must be firm. If not, the coring blade will mash it.
- The size of the slices cannot be changed.
- The clamp is too narrow. It can only clamp onto 0.5-1.5 inch long edges.
- The suction base is a little shaky.
9. COOAK Apple Peeler
This is an excellent tool if you need to peel a huge number of apples on a regular basis. It is strong, long-lasting, and well-designed, making it a very useful tool. Just set the item on a flat surface, push the handle, and secure the apple to the skewer.
Then, in only 5 seconds, swivel the handle to peel, slice, and core apples. It doesn’t produce a big mess, and you’ll get seedless, precisely spiraled apple slices to use in salads, pies, jams, custard, and other recipes. This dish also goes nicely with potatoes and pears.
It is composed of die-cast stainless steel, which is believed to be highly sturdy and long-lasting. Its tough substance will prevent the apple peeler from rust and corrosion while also allowing it to survive hard circumstances. During repeated usage, the object will not shatter, distort, or wear out. This apple peeler is perfect for regular use and can peel apples of all sizes.
You can either slice and core the apple without peeling it, or you can do all three at once. This product is useful for peeling oranges, limes, grapefruits, and lemons. This item does not need you to be an expert to utilize. It comes with simple instructions and requires little effort to operate.
The base features a powerful suction surface that adheres to any flat surface, including wood, glass, quartz, granite, and even marble. This keeps the object stable when peeling, slicing, and coring fruits and vegetables. It enables one-handed operation since you do not need to hold the apple peeler with another hand while using it.
- The size of the peels may be changed.
- The slicing blade also functions as a coring blade.
- The suction base is pretty powerful.
- The handle is simple to turn.
- It can only cut spiral patterns.
10.Kitchen Fundamentals Peeler, slicer, and corer for apples
This is yet another excellent apple peeler composed of very sturdy and rust-resistant metal pieces that are appropriate for heavy-duty usage. It can slice, core, and peel your apple all at once, saving you a lot of time and work. But, if you just want the machine to accomplish one of those three jobs, you may do it by simply altering its pieces.
Another advantage of these horizontally oriented apple peelers is that since the peeled skin falls off at one end, you can set a bowl or other kind of collector below it to keep your tabletop clean.
This device is of professional grade and employs high-precision stainless steel blades, so if you are an apple enthusiast, you may use this tool with confidence to achieve high uniformity in peeling and slicing of your apples.
To prevent the peeler from sliding, which can be rather hazardous while in use, it includes a suction rubber base that will snugly hold it down to the table surface. While not in use, there is a plastic protective cap that covers the metal spikes, ensuring a high degree of safety.
- It provides professional-level performance and durability.
- The rubber suction base and protective plastic lid for the metal spikes assure user safety.
- It can peel, core, and slice at the same time, but you may also choose which activities it should do.
- It does not need power and all you have to do is spin the hand crank.
- It is hand washable.
- It only has one slicing technique.
- It peels, cores, and slices your apple by default, but if you want to modify that, for example, to merely peel the apple, you will have to manually edit the components, which may be tiresome and complicated for certain people.
11. Gorgenius Three-in-One Apple Peeler
Tired of using a knife or veggie peeler to peel apples? We’ve all experienced how time-consuming that can be. This device is intended to provide you with the greatest apple peeling experience possible. It features a completely white appearance and stainless steel elements like blades and prongs. This apple peeler can peel, core, and slice apples all at the same time. Hence, if you want to prepare apple crumbles, pies, jams, crisps, and other similar dishes, you may want to utilize this item to make the procedure simpler and faster.
The body is built of heavy-duty cast iron, which makes this item very solid and long-lasting. Its apple peeler’s quality design helps to maintain it in excellent shape for a long time.
The item is unlikely to tarnish or corrode with use. Moreover, the bottom includes a flat vacuum suction that holds the apple peeler to the surface. The vacuum suction is fairly powerful and adheres effectively to any flat surface, including glass, ceramic, and even wood.
You may use this item to peel pears and potatoes as well. While not dishwasher safe, this item is quite simple to clean by hand. All you need is warm, soapy water to get started. To remove the peel trapped between the blades or prongs, use a little brush or toothpick. With each wash, be sure to fully dry it.
- There is no BPA in this product.
- Has a clamp for further stability.
- The chrome-plated handle is easy to grasp.
- Fruits may be cored and sliced without being peeled.
- This item is not dishwasher safe.
- There are no clear instructions for assembling or disassembling the pieces.
MOCE Apple Peeler No. 12
A MOCE Apple Peeler is sometimes all you need to make those delectable apple pies a daily delight. This apple peeler is a game changer, made with stainless steel blades and robust materials. It boasts an eye-catching green exterior with razor-sharp blades and prongs that enable it to easily and swiftly peel, core, and slice apples. You’ll be able to receive peeled, seedless apples in a matter of seconds. Also, the machine will not squander too much pulp.
The apple peeler features a strong suction base that secures it to any flat surface for maximum stability while in use. Also, the blades are adjustable. By changing the screws, you will be able to customize the thickness and size of the peels. This enables you to experiment with a broad range of recipes. The hand crank, on the other hand, is quite simple to operate. You don’t have to exert much effort to turn the handle.
Moreover, the winding rod is composed of magnesium and chrome-plated. It is quite strong, which makes it simpler to secure the apple to the prongs. The fixed needles are quite strong and penetrate deeply into the solid, fresh apples. Moreover, stainless steel blades keep their sharp edges for a long time and do not corrode readily.
- The hardwood handle is more pleasant to hold.
- It cuts apples in a spiral pattern.
- If you do not position the vacuum suction base on a level and smooth surface, it will not operate.
- It comes with confusing instructions.
- The corer is prone to breaking, and the screws must be adjusted on a regular basis.
Now that you’re aware with the many sorts of apple processing instruments, all you have to do is evaluate a few aspects before deciding which apple peeler to purchase. As you can see, apple peelers exist in a wide range of styles, functions, and sizes. It is important to understand your individual needs when purchasing a peeler to prevent purchasing the incorrect device.
Consider the following while purchasing an apple peeler:
Handheld or countertop
Apple peelers made to rest on a flat surface are often larger and include a crank handle for peeling the apples. The majority of them are designed for heavy-duty use and can do additional operations such as slicing or coring the apple. One feature to check for is if they have a strong mechanism for establishing a solid hold on the surface, such as a rubber suction base, since it is critical for optimal tool operation and safety that the machine remains grounded to the tabletop and does not slide or become unstable. But, if you have a kitchen where several chefs work together, such as in a bakery or a restaurant, having one large apple peeler for each worker would take up too much room and would be inefficient. In this circumstance, it is preferable to provide each individual with a tiny portable peeler. Handheld ones also provide you greater control over how the apples are peeled, and they come with an eyer for eliminating minute defects from the apple.
Whether electric or manual
While apple peelers were typically a manual instrument, computerized versions are now available. Electric peelers are advantageous in that they save time and free up your hands for other tasks, allowing you to multitask in the kitchen. Look to see whether the peeler can be powered by batteries in addition to the AC source, since this will come in useful during power outages or if you want to take the peeler on a picnic. While electronic ones are fantastic in many ways, they take extra care when cleaning and must be kept out of children’s reach at all times.
When it comes to manual apple peelers, there are countertop ones with a handle that eliminates the need to hold the apple while peeling it. You just need to place the apple on the machine and spin the handle. The second version is handheld, which is better if you want greater control over how the apples are peeled. It is also more portable and light than countertop models.
Functions other than peeling
Besides from peeling, apples need further preparatory steps. In many circumstances, for example, the apples must be cut and the core removed. If you want to do all three jobs at once, you may use countertop apple peelers that can core, slice, and peel at the same time. While these instruments have sharp pointed bits and might be harmful if not used carefully, youngsters find them appealing since rotating the handle and seeing the apple peel is exciting for them. Children may participate in your culinary activities under the supervision of adults, and it can be a fun way to spend meaningful family time. These gadgets’ spiral cut apples are also popular among youngsters, and they may help kids pick apples for snacking over harmful alternatives.
How can I use my apple peeler without making a mess?
The juices from the apple are prone to pour everywhere while using an apple peeler. It is preferable to set a big tray below the object and spin the handle slowly and carefully.
Why is the apple always being squashed?
If you don’t use solid, fresh apples, the coring blade will likely entirely squish the fruit. If you want to get rid of the core easily, select hard apples.
Can I sharpen the apple peeler’s blades?
If you have a hand-held apple peeler, you may be able to sharpen the blade using a metal or diamond file. You may also sharpen the edges using an honing tool or a whetstone. By unscrewing the hooks on your apple peeler, you may be able to change the blades. Replacement blades are available online or at local hardware shops.
Now that you know what kinds of products are available on the market to help you process apples, as well as the factors to consider when purchasing apple peelers, all you need to do is assess your specific needs when it comes to peeling apples and get yourself the best apple peeler that will become your perfect helping hand in the kitchen, making your life much easier by saving your precious time and effort.
What type of peeler is best for apples?
These are five of their favorite apple peelers and methods to help you with your autumn baking.
Original Swiss Translucent Peeler (3-Pack) by Kuhn Rikon…
The OXO Excellent Grips Swivel Peeler.
VICTORIO VKP1010 Johnny Apple Peeler, Cast Iron, Suction Base.
VonShef 3 in 1 Rotating Apple Peeler in Black Aluminum.
Additional information…•September 6, 2018
What’s the easiest way to peel apples?
Skewering an apple onto a flat drill bit is the secret. When you switch on the drill, the apple begins to spin quickly. Press a Y-shaped vegetable peeler against it as it peels off the skin. Expect to have apple peel all over your counter (or do this over the sink for an easier clean-up).
What are the different kinds of apple peelers?
Y-shaped peelers are the most common. They’re simple to handle and slide through the skin of an apple. There are also I-shaped peelers, hand-cranked peelers, and electric peelers. Bonus: Most of these products are also effective on potatoes, zucchini, carrots, and other vegetables with a thin skin.
What is the difference between suction and clamp apple peeler?
Suction cup or clamp are the two options. The suction cup ones may be placed anywhere on your counter; the clamp ones, like the old-fashioned meat grinders, must be put exactly at the extreme edge of a work surface with considerable overhang.
How do I choose a peeler?
Blade Design Considerations. Peelers are available in a variety of styles, and selecting the proper one is heavily influenced by how you want to use it.
Material of the blade. Most peelers have stainless steel blades or ceramic handles. You want a handle that is easy to grip, non-slip, and, ideally, dishwasher safe.
Oct 17, 2022
Do you need to wash apples if you’re going to peel them?
Raw fruits and vegetables may sometimes contain dangerous pathogens that can make you and your family ill, such as Salmonella, E. coli, and Listeria. Cooked food is the safest to consume; washed produce is the second safest. Even if you don’t intend to consume the peel, wash fruits and vegetables under running water.
Is it better to peel apples or not to peel?
Apples and apricots should not be peeled.
Apples are one of the fruits Cecere strongly advises against peeling. “Apple peel contains insoluble fiber, vitamins C and A, and the flavonoid quercetin,” she explains. Despite the fact that apple skins are abundant in nutrients and fiber, they are a pesticide-heavy fruit.
What do you soak peeled apples in?
Here’s the gist of it: To avoid browning, soak the sliced fruit for 10 minutes in a saltwater solution (half a teaspoon of kosher salt per cup of water), then drain and refrigerate until ready to use. Before serving, rinse the light salt taste with tap water.
How do you peel apples in bulk?
You just need a power drill and a standard vegetable peeler. Remove a spade (also known as a butterfly) bit and put it into the bottom of the fruit (be sure you wash your apples properly beforehand). While you hold the peeler against the apple, turn on the drill and watch the peel fly!