Bento boxes are ideal for transporting lunches to schools, universities, or workplaces. They are also ideal for picnics, camping, and other outdoor activities. Most feature a well-designed construction that avoids leaks and lets you to take the meals about with you without making a mess. You will be able to eat healthier meals and therefore live a better lifestyle if you use the finest bento boxes.
- Things To Consider Before Buying The Best Bento Box
- Top 15 Best Bento Boxes
- 1. Bentgo Kids Children’s Lunch Box
- 2. Bentgo Classic All-in-One Stackable Lunch Box
- 3. Umami Bento Box
- 4. GRUB2GO Premium Bento Lunch Box
- 5. Original BentoHeaven Bento Box Bundle
- 6. LOVINA Bento Box
- 7. Green Bento Boxes By Caleb Company
- 8. Jeopace Bento Box
- 9. Itopor Bento Box
- 10. Wagindd Bento Box
- 11. Japanese Traditional Rabbit Blossom Bento Box Set
- 12. Freshmage Stainless Steel Bento Box
- 13. MINCOCO Bento Lunch Box
- 14. PlanetBox ROVER Bento Lunch Box
- 15. Komax Lunchmate Bento Lunch Box Kit
- Reasons For Using A Bento Box
- Do bento boxes encourage healthy eating?
- What is the difference between a bento box and a bentgo box?
- Are bento boxes good for weight loss?
- What foods are best in a bento box?
- What are the disadvantages of bento lunch boxes?
- Are stainless steel bento boxes better than plastic?
- How much is the most expensive bento box?
- What is special about Bentgo?
- How do I choose a bento?
- What is the best healthy snacks for lunch box?
Things To Consider Before Buying The Best Bento Box
If you have a huge appetite, you should choose a bento box with a high capacity. A huge capacity allows you to effortlessly pack a considerable number of food. If you are purchasing a bento box for your children to take to school, you may want to choose one with a lower capacity since young children do not need a lot of food. It is usually preferable to choose a bento box with enough of space so that you may insert items such as sandwiches and fruits without squashing them.
Bento boxes with food dividers enable you to pack many kinds of food in a single container. If you want to change the serving size of your meal, consider a bento box with removable food dividers.
- The 12 Best Freezer Containers in 2022
- Top 10 Best Insulated Lunch Boxes in 2022
- The 15 Best Coffee Storage Containers for Getting the Most Out of Your Caffeine Hit
- The 10 Best Meal Prep Bags in 2022
Stackable Design vs. Non-Stackable Design
A stackable bento box enables you to pack a variety of foods without mixing them together. If you’re attempting to eat better or want to limit portion sizes, you should acquire a bento box with at least 3-4 distinct sections. You will be able to store a wide range of healthful foods in the various compartments, including green vegetables, proteins, and carbs.
Because there may not be enough time to prepare a variety of foods on a regular basis, a bento box with a non-stackable design may be more handy for packing lunch to take to work or school. If you are getting a bento box that does not have a stackable design, make sure that the bento box offers a few compartments so that you can include at least two different types of food without mixing them together.
Quality of Construction
If you want a bento box that will last for a long time, you should get one that is composed of robust and high-quality materials. It is critical that the bento box be devoid of potentially dangerous compounds like as BPA, lead, vinyl chloride, and phthalates.
If you buy a bento box made of plastic, make sure it is made of food-grade PP plastic so that it does not harm your health. If you purchase a stainless steel bento box, make sure that 304 stainless steel materials are utilized so that your bento box does not rust or corrode soon.
Your bento box should be composed with materials that can endure high temperatures, since it will be used in the microwave and freezer. However, before placing the bento box in the microwave or freezer, please read the directions properly.
A bento box with vacuum-sealed covers allows you to transport liquids and oily food without making a sloppy mess. The container’s mouth should be protected with high-quality silicone to prevent drips, leaks, and spills from the bento box. The lids should be strong and simple to open and shut so that both children and adults can use the bento box pleasantly. If you use the bento box in the microwave or dishwasher, remove the lids since they may not be able to withstand such high heat.
If you buy a stackable bento box, it will most likely feature one of two locking systems: the elastic strap system or the buckle method. Because most of the elastic straps are adjustable, you may be able to utilize just one or two containers at a time rather than all of them. This implies that if you’re carrying fewer items, you may use only one container. However, utilizing the flexible strap to secure all of the containers may not be the most child-friendly option.
A bento box with a buckle locking mechanism may be simpler to use since you just need to pull the buckles up or down to utilize the bento box. Check if the buckles on the bento box are strong and well-made. You may wish to acquire a bento box with a carrying handle for convenience of travel.
Alternatively, a knife. You may also get a pair of chopsticks in certain circumstances. Utensils are often stored in a separate compartment in bento boxes. To keep the food fresh for a long period, the carry bag or lunch bag should be strong, heavy-duty, and well-insulated. The Ebook recipes should be freely available so that you may see them at any time on your phone, tablet, or laptop. The sauce jars should be sealed and leakproof to prevent dipping sauces or salad dressings from spilling everywhere.Cutlery sets, carry bags or lunch bags, free Ebook recipes, sauce jars, and other accessories are typical with bento boxes. A spoon, fork, and knife are likely to be included in the cutlery set.
Top 15 Best Bento Boxes
|Bentgo Kids Children’s Lunch Box||532||20.00||8.5 x 6.5 x 2||A|
|Bentgo Classic All-in-One Stackable Lunch Box||1540||12.00||7.12 x 4.68 x 2.7||A|
|Umami Bento Box||1200||14.80||7.2 x 4.13 x 4.21||B|
|GRUB2GO Premium Bento Lunch Box||2011||14.40||7.5 x 4.5 x 5||A|
|Original BentoHeaven Bento Box Bundle||1183||13.40||7.28 x 4.02 x 4.29||A|
|LOVINA Bento Box||1400||09.90||8.25 x 5.5 x 2.75||A|
|Green Bento Boxes By Caleb Company||1089||25.12||7 x 4.5 x 2.5||B|
|Jeopace Bento Box||1150||09.10||8.86 x 6.1 x 2.17||B|
|Itopor Bento Box||1150||10.20||7 x 5 x 2||A|
|Wagindd Bento Box||1260||18.72||6.2 x 4.6 x 5.7||B|
|Japanese Traditional Rabbit Blossom Bento Box Set||640||10.40||6.5 x 3.3 x 3.11||A|
|Freshmage Stainless Steel Bento Box||1300||20.48||8.31 x 7 x 4.09||B|
|MINCOCO Bento Lunch Box||1800||21.12||10.6 x 7.4 x 3||A|
|PlanetBox ROVER Bento Lunch Box||N/A||40.00||12 x 9 x 2.5||A|
|Komax Lunchmate Bento Lunch Box Kit||529||14.40||7.9 x 6.6 x 3.6||A|
1. Bentgo Kids Children’s Lunch Box
View on Amazon
When you think of anything that your children will use, you want it to be kid-friendly, enjoyable, colorful, long-lasting, and simple to use. And this Bentgo lunch box meets all of those criteria.
The bento box comes in bright colors and has a food plate with five sections, with portion sizes tailored to children aged 3 to 7. The box has two locks and an inner wall that make it leak resistant, allowing your children to take it within their backpacks without making a mess.
The latches are simple to open and shut, and your youngsters will have no issue handling the box by themselves. There is no assurance that smaller children would not throw the boxes or convert them into toys, thus the box has been designed with a solid structure and a protective rubber liner to make it drop and impact resistant, allowing it to withstand any kind of drop and being thrown about without splitting.
Because the box will be used by adorable youngsters, parents will be worried about the ingredients used to make it. using this in mind, the box has been created using FDA-approved safe materials that do not contain any BPA or PVC. The firm has also thought about the parents and made it extremely simple for the parents who will be preparing the boxes for their children to utilize. The inner tray containing the meal sections may be removed and microwaved to heat the food, as well as being cleaned in the dishwasher.
Many of us consider not just the items that a business produces, but also the morals and ethics of the organization itself. Bentgo is a corporation that donates to a non-profit organization called Feed the Children. If you wish to learn more about the organization and what it accomplishes, go here. This implies that when you buy a bento box from this business, you are helping someone else who is less fortunate, making your purchase more meaningful.
The bento box also includes access to an E-book with over 30 ideas for cooking healthful and exciting foods for your children.
- The inner tray is detachable and may be used in the microwave or dishwasher.
- The box contains five sections where you may arrange various sorts of food to suit a small child’s hunger.
- Because the box is leak-proof, no additional bag is required.
- Children may easily unlock the locks on the box.
- A rubberized coating protects it and makes it drop resistant.
- Because this item is designed exclusively for youngsters, it does not have a huge capacity. This item may not be ideal if you are seeking for a bento lunchbox for grownups.
2. Bentgo Classic All-in-One Stackable Lunch Box
View on Amazon
This Bentgo bento box is a perennial favorite. It not only has a large capacity of 3.4 pounds, but it also features a beautiful pink marble veneer that enables you to eat in elegance. It is ideal for those who want to consume in regulated amounts.
The top container is split into two halves. Each part can store up 2 cups of food, making it ideal for fruits and salads. The bottom container, on the other hand, can easily hold 2 cups of food. You may stuff it full of noodles, fried rice, steaks, and other goodies. The fork, spoon, and knife that come with it are stored in two compartments separated by a dividing cover.
The bento box is comprised of high-quality materials that are BPA-free. It is composed of food-grade eco-friendly materials like as PP, ABS, LDPE, and silicone, which have no effect on the quality of your food. The bento box is unlikely to impart an unpleasant odor to your meal. Moreover, the premium construction allows it to withstand extreme temperatures without warping or damaging itself. Both portions may be microwaved for up to three minutes.
The bento box is really simple to clean. You may clean it by hand with warm water and mild soap, or put it in the dishwasher for a fast and simple clean. It should go on the top rack of the dishwasher. This item is also incredibly simple to store. The top compartment fits precisely into the bottom compartment, allowing you to easily store it in your kitchen cabinets or shelves.
It is available in a range of hues, allowing you to choose the one that best suits your needs. It is also available in blue, coastal aqua, gray, green, khaki green, purple, and slate.
- Both compartments can be used in the freezer
- There is no BPA, PVC, phthalates, lead, or vinyl in the bento box.
- Cleaning is a snap because to the stain-resistant surface.
- The bento box is lightweight and easy to carry
- You may store modest meals in just one of the two compartments.
- The containers take up little room in the fridge.
- The strap for keeping the boxes together is difficult to place.
- Because it does not have a leak-proof construction, it is preferable to fill it with dry food.
3. Umami Bento Box
View on Amazon
When preparing meals for work, school, or a road trip, it is critical that the lunchbox or container is constructed of high-quality materials to keep your food fresh and safe for extended periods of time. The Umami Bento Box is one such bento box. It has two distinct sections with a total capacity of 40oz, making it ideal for transporting fresh fruits, sandwiches, boiled veggies, and other items.
Both sections are composed of high-quality polypropylene plastic, which is totally recyclable and contributes to the overall durability and strength of the product. It is free of BPA and BPS, making it suitable for human consumption.
There are silicone sealing around the edges of the containers to prevent leaks. In this bento box, you may transport curries, yogurt, or other semi-liquid foods.
The bento box also has two detachable partitions that may be positioned as needed. This bento box can hold up to four different kinds of food, making it ideal for meal preparation. In addition, the bento box has two tiny containers for holding sauces, dressings, and dips. The screw-cap covers prevent liquids from leaking or spilling over the surface.
To reheat food, you no longer need to place it in a microwavable dish. Both portions may be microwaved for up to three minutes. Low temperatures have no effect on the quality of the bento box. This indicates that you may securely keep it in the freezer.
On the other side, you’ll have no trouble cleaning this bento box. All of the stains and hardened pieces of food wash away fast and easily. The good news for people who despise cleaning the dishes is that this product is dishwasher safe. This helps to save time and effort and helps you to focus on other important things.
- All of the lids include ventilation plugs to keep the food fresh.
- This product is suitable for both youngsters and adults.
- The sauce jar is too large to fit into any of the two sections.
- It is fairly little, so if you have a great appetite, it may not be the ideal option for you.
4. GRUB2GO Premium Bento Lunch Box
View on Amazon
This GRUB2GO bento box is 70% larger than regular bento lunch boxes, making it ideal for those with large appetites. The food dividers are moveable, allowing you to customize the amount of food. This bento box allows you to incorporate four different kinds of cuisine. It makes it simple to pack a whole supper.
The bento box has two compartments that may be stacked on top of one another. The containers are made of strong materials and may be used for an extended length of time. It contains no BPA, lead, vinyl, PVC, or other harmful ingredients that might harm your health. You may use only one container if you don’t want to carry a lot of food. Each container has a capacity of 34oz.
Because both containers feature airtight closures, you may pack any sort of food, including soups and stews. To prevent food from leaking or pouring everywhere, the mouths of the lids are coated with silicone. The ventilation plugs keep your meals fresh and heated for extended periods of time. This bento box also has a bamboo cover that serves as a cutting board. It is ideal for cutting fruits and veggies.
- It includes a tiny 2oz jar for storing sauces and dressings.
- The drawstring bag makes it simple to transport from one location to another.
- The bento box may be used to reheat meals in the microwave.
- The elastic band keeps the two containers together.
- It is dishwasher-safe
- It comes with a spoon, a fork, and a knife made of sturdy plastic.
- The lid, which also serves as a chopping board, is not made of genuine bamboo.
- The utensils do not stay in one place
5. Original BentoHeaven Bento Box Bundle
View on Amazon
If you want a bento box that you can be proud of, this is a terrific option worth considering. It features an exquisite design with a smooth top lid that has a woody look and is constructed of high quality, long-lasting plastic.
The box features two separate compartments that go on top of each other, and since each of the compartments has their own secure lid, the boxes are completely airtight and leak proof. Many bento boxes claim to be airtight but are not, but this one includes a particular silicone pop-up valve on the lid that properly closes the food compartment, making this bento box highly trustworthy.
In addition to the efficient sealing, an elastic strap band keeps the compartments snugly kept together so that they do not get displaced. Another great benefit of having this bento box is that it comes with a set of well-made fork, knife, spoon, and a pair of chopsticks, which means it can function as portable tableware that you can take to your office, school, picnic, or sleepover to help you have your healthy home-cooked lunch in style.
The bento box includes some fun extras, such as printed messages and a bento bag. You may print off these charming notes and attach them to the box to send a unique message to your loved ones to brighten their day. The bag securely holds the box within it and makes it a portable set.
- The box has a beautiful design that allows you to enjoy a nutritious meal in elegance.
- It includes two compartments that can be stacked on top of each other, keeping the set small while yet providing enough of room.
- Each compartment has its own airtight and leak-proof cover.
- The box includes a spoon, fork, knife, and chopsticks, making it a complete lunch set.
- The bento box includes a bonus bag as well as a printable note set in which you can write special notes for your loved ones.
- A beautiful elastic strap band holds the box together.
- You may reheat food in the microwave oven and even freeze it in the box.
- The box can be washed in the dishwasher
- The package lacks separate pockets for sauces and dips.
6. LOVINA Bento Box
View on Amazon
Whether you’re searching for a bento box to practice portion control or one for your children, the LOVINA Bento Box may be the ideal option. It has a 1400ml capacity that is separated into three portions, allowing you to pack a whole meal for work, school, or a weekend picnic. You will be able to keep various sorts of food apart from one another. It features a totally leak-proof construction, allowing you to transport lunch without making a mess.
The bento box is built of high-quality, non-toxic materials that are unlikely to leach toxins or emit a foul odor into your food. It is composed of BPA-free plastic, which keeps your food fresh and safe for a long time. Because of the quality construction, it is incredibly solid and durable, and it is unlikely to fall apart if dropped inadvertently.
You may reheat food in this bento box by placing it in the microwave. Remember that the temperature should not surpass 248 degrees Fahrenheit, and it should not be microwaved for more than 4 minutes. Before reheating the dish, you should also remove the lids. This bento box may also be stored in the freezer for leftover meals. It can tolerate temperatures as low as -4 degrees Fahrenheit. Its quality is unlikely to be harmed by the low temperature.
This bento box is ideal for daily usage since it is simple to clean. All you have to do is thoroughly clean it with warm water and dish soap. You may also put it in the dishwasher to save time and effort. All of the stains and hardened pieces of food wash away fast and easily.
It comes with a fork and a spoon, and the cutlery is stored in a separate compartment in the bento box. The lids are easily accessed by elevating the side flaps, making this bento box appropriate for youngsters. There is no need to put on a strap to close the lids.
- The lids are silicone-sealed, making it unlikely that liquids would leak from the closed container.
- The container may be washed on the dishwasher’s top rack.
- The bento box weighs just 9.9 ounces, making it portable.
- The insert is detachable, making it simple to clean.
- Suitable for both children and adults
- Because the food dividers are permanent, you will not be able to modify their location.
- The lids are not dishwasher-safe
7. Green Bento Boxes By Caleb Company
View on Amazon
If you’re looking for a basic yet spacious lunch box, this is a perfect option. The bento box is big and has three different sections that are all detachable, allowing you to customize the size of the food that fits within the box.
For example, if you want to accommodate three different types of food items, you may utilize all three compartments; but, if you want to fit something larger, such as a sandwich, you can remove one of the smaller compartments to create place for the sandwich.
The container’s cover is clipped on four sides, creating a totally leak-proof environment in which you may transport even messy foods like pineapples and melons. The bento box may also be used in the microwave oven without the cover, and it can be frozen to keep food.
Because the bento box is constructed of BPA-free sturdy plastic, it may be washed in the dishwasher without risk of warping or cracking. Another benefit is that since this set includes three bento boxes, you won’t have to bother about cleaning and drying them for the following day; just use another one and keep rotating between the three for improved durability.
- The bento box is simple and spacious
- It provides a leak-proof atmosphere, allowing you to transport messy meals without worrying about spills.
- The box may be used in the microwave and freezer.
- You can wash the box in the dishwasher
- The box has three detachable sections that allow you to choose the size of your meal amount.
- The set contains three boxes, making it an excellent option for bento boxes for your family members.
- It does not come with cutleries or a bag
- Although the box does not leak outside, the contents of the several compartments may mix if the box is tilted.
8. Jeopace Bento Box
View on Amazon
At first glance, you would believe this bento box is made of plastic, however it is constructed of a unique organic substance that is both sturdy and eco-friendly.
The box is constructed of wheat fiber, which does not emit scents like plastic, but it is also drop resistant, FDA-approved, and safe to use in the microwave, freezer, and dishwasher! The packaging has a great gritty feel and comes in cute and relaxing hues including purple, clear, and champagne. The semi-transparent cover allows you to view what’s within without having to open the box.
Because of the four strong locking clips on the lid, the lid is airtight and leak-proof. Furthermore, the bento box is stackable, which is a really beneficial feature if you plan on using many of these boxes to create packed lunch for a picnic or a family excursion.
Let’s have a peek inside this fantastic bento box. The inside has been separated into three sections, with a specific incision in the center of the walls to accommodate the spoon that comes with the box. The compartments aid in the consumption of a well-balanced and portioned food, which is an excellent approach to maintain a healthy eating habit.
- The box has been made with an organic material which is safe to your health, eco-friendly and is odorless
- The box is strong and resistant to impact, so it will last you a long time.
- The cover is airtight and leak resistant, and it is fastened with four strong locks.
- The box’s inside is separated into three parts that urge you to eat a well-balanced diet.
- It includes a spoon and a space in the centre of the inner wall where the spoon may be neatly inserted.
- It may be used to keep food in the freezer, reheat meals in the microwave, and is dishwasher safe.
- It might be too simple and large for children
- It does not come with a bag
9. Itopor Bento Box
View on Amazon
Thanks to the Itopor Bento Box, you can now carry your favorite meals to work. It has a capacity of 1150 ml, which is ideal for packing a large quantity of food. The container is divided into three parts to keep the sweet and savory foods separate. Furthermore, the purple inside and outside of the bento box enable you to eat in elegance.
The container is composed of wheat fiber components that are free of BPA and other hazardous toxins. It is entirely shock-proof, which means it will not easily shatter or damage if dropped on the floor.
It is an ecologically friendly product that may be used on a regular basis. The container’s mouth is coated with sealing materials to prevent food from leaking or pouring everywhere. You will be able to transport food without making a mess.
The bento box’s high-quality design allows it to tolerate a broad variety of temperatures. It may be used in the microwave to reheat the meal contained inside it. You may also put it in the fridge to keep the food fresh. This bento box is dishwasher-safe, so you can concentrate on other things instead of cleaning the dishes.
The lid will not need to be secured with an elastic band. The lids’ buckle design enables you to open and seal the container in a matter of seconds. This implies that youngsters will have no trouble using this bento box. You may put their school lunch in it. Because the bento box is so little, you can easily fit it inside your luggage.
- All the materials have been approved by the FDA
- It is lightweight and small, making it simple to transport from one location to another.
- Children can open the lid quite easily
- It’s ideal for preparing meals for work or school.
- The container’s inside is extremely big, with a depth of 2 inches.
- The dividers aid in keeping the various sorts of food apart from one another.
- It just comes with a fork, so you may need to bring extra utensils with you.
- This bento box cannot transport liquid foods such as soups and stews.
10. Wagindd Bento Box
View on Amazon
The Wagindd Bento Box allows you to pack a nutritious dinner that you can simply transport to work. It includes four sections and a stackable design, making it convenient to transport wherever you go. You can transport any sort of food in these vacuum-sealed containers, from soups and ramen to fruits and salad dressings. There is no need to be concerned about food leaking or spilling from the containers.
The four containers come in different sizes. The lowest one has a capacity of 500 milliliters, the middle one has a capacity of 400 milliliters, and the ones on top each have a capacity of 180 milliliters. You will get a total capacity of 1260 milliliters which is perfect for packing lots of carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins, and minerals.
All of the containers are detachable and may be used individually, so you can pack your meals with only one or two containers. To avoid leaks, all of the containers have lids with silicone sealing surrounding them. The bento box is composed of food-grade PP plastic that has no BPA.
The containers may be used in the microwave to rapidly reheat up meals. To reheat the meal, you no longer need to move it to another dish. Before placing the containers in the microwave, be sure to remove the lids. The bento box, on the other hand, may be stored in the refrigerator or freezer since the low temperature is unlikely to affect its quality or function.
The bento box comes with two clasps, one tall and one short. When utilizing all four containers, the tall clasp makes it simple to secure them in place. If you’re using two or three containers, use the short clasp to keep them together firmly. Because the clasps are simple to attach, the bento box may be used by both youngsters and adolescents.
- Because the silicone seals retain heat, your meal will likely stay warm for an extended amount of time.
- The handle on top makes it easy to carry
- In this bento box, you will be able to transport soups and other liquids.
- It is composed of durable materials, so you may use it for a long time.
- It is ideal for bringing meals to the workplace, college, or school.
- Because it is fully leakproof, you do not need to put it in a lunchbox or wrap it in a plastic bag.
- It does not feature food separators, thus you cannot store two kinds of food in the same container.
- The lids are neither dishwasher or microwave safe.
- The fork and spoon that come with it are rather little.
11. Japanese Traditional Rabbit Blossom Bento Box Set
View on Amazon
Who else could you trust more when it comes to bento boxes than a Japanese firm, given that the origins of bento boxes can be traced back to Japan? This bento box is not only handcrafted in Japan, but it also has traditional Japanese motifs on both the top and the carry bag.
So, whether you want to enjoy a real bento box experience or are a fan of Japanese art and culture, this is a must-have! The innovatively built dividers on the interior of the box provide you with more freedom in planning your meal plan.
Unlike conventional bento boxes, which have predetermined compartment sizes, you may change the number and size of sections in this bento box. You can accommodate a range of servings and sizes of food since you may pick the number of dividers to use in the two boxes that sit on top of each other and also slide it across to modify the size of each section. You can squeeze in anything as large as a sandwich as well as something as little as a slice of apple.
Another interesting item included with this bento box is a rice-mold, which allows you to shape your rice into 8 mouthful-size servings or construct nigiri, a sort of sushi. When you shape and size your rice using this mold, it will be much simpler to pick up rice with a chopstick, so even a novice with chopsticks may enjoy a Japanese-style meal.
- The bento box is decorated in a traditional Japanese style.
- The box includes two sections that stack on top of each other, saving storage space.
- The dividers may be totally removed and slid to change the size of each section.
- The package includes a rice-molding tool for shaping the rice into bite-size chunks that are simple to pick up with chopsticks.
- For transportation, the box comes with a Japanese-style fabric bag.
- The bento box cannot be washed in the dishwasher
- It cannot be used in the oven and the freezer
12. Freshmage Stainless Steel Bento Box
View on Amazon
The Freshmage Stainless Steel Bento Box is one such item that can be taken everywhere with you. It is ideal for packing lunch to go to the workplace or a picnic location. It may also be used as a lunchbox for your children to bring to daycare or school. It boasts a sturdy, stackable construction and a huge capacity of 1300 milliliters, making it ideal for storing healthy, tailored meals.
The big volume is split into three containers. Because each container has a varied volume, you may store various sorts of food in them, such as lean meat and veggies or sweets and pastries.
The bottom container has a capacity of 800 milliliters, the middle container has a capacity of 300 milliliters, and the top container has a capacity of 200 milliliters. Only the top and center containers are separated into two portions, allowing you to load two kinds of food in them.
The bottom and middle containers have plastic trays to keep food from leaking or spilling everywhere. The trays are constructed of high-quality PP plastic that is both sturdy and long-lasting. The bottom and middle containers are composed of 304 stainless steel, so they will also work well in tough situations. The top container includes four buckle clips on each side that secure all of the containers together.
The containers may be used in the microwave to rapidly reheat meals. It is advised that the trays and lid be removed before placing the containers in the microwave. When washing the bento box in the dishwasher, please careful to remove the lid since excessive heat might cause it to deform or damage. Hand-wash the lid with warm water and a light dish detergent or soap. Because it can tolerate low temperatures, the bento box may be stored in the freezer.
The bento box is just 1.28 pounds and does not have a bulky design, so you or your children may easily carry it in a bag.
- The containers’ mouths are coated with a sealing ring, making them totally leakproof.
- It is made of food-grade, BPA-free materials that maintain it in excellent condition for a longer period of time.
- In the bento box, you will be able to transport liquid foods like as soups and broths.
- It will keep your meal warm for a long time.
- The food within the containers emits no odor.
- In the top compartment, you may keep a spoon or fork.
- Because the containers are constructed of stainless steel, you may need to microwave the meal for a longer period of time.
- Even if you carry less food, you must utilize all of the containers at the same time.
- The top compartment offers very little space
13. MINCOCO Bento Lunch Box
View on Amazon
Why pay for unhealthy, greasy cuisine during your lunch break when you can simply prepare personalized meals at home to take to work? You can prepare healthful meals in regulated amounts with the MINCOCO Bento Lunch Box.
It has a capacity of 1800 mL and is separated into four sections. This means you can store four different kinds of food in the same container. It has a depth of 3 inches, so there is plenty of room in the bento box for packing sandwiches, meat, green vegetables, and other foods. The container is comprised of food-grade materials that do not contain BPA or other hazardous compounds, making it suitable for human consumption.
Because of its solid and lasting construction, you may use it in the microwave, refrigerator, and even the dishwasher. When reheating meals or washing the bento box in the dishwasher, remove the lid since it may not survive high temperatures. To prevent warping or distortions, put the container on the top rack of the dishwasher.
The lid is equipped with a sealing trap, which prevents food from leaking and pouring everywhere. You may transport practically any sort of food in this container without making a mess. Furthermore, the lid may be simply closed by pulling the buckles downwards. Even tiny children will find it easy. The top also contains a space for holding the fork and spoon that come with the bento box.
The bento lunch box also includes a sauce jar with a capacity of 320 milliliters. It’s an airtight, leakproof container for liquid yogurt, salad dressing, dipping sauce, or even soup.
- The container is sturdy enough to withstand a temperature as high as 220F in the microwave
- It comes with a user manual and a service card.
- The utensils are composed of long-lasting stainless steel.
- This lunchbox is suitable for all age groups
- It is small and compact, making it simple to store.
- The lid features a handle that makes it simple to transport the bento box.
- It is insulated, which means it will keep the food fresher for a longer period of time. It also keeps the meal from turning mushy.
- Because there is room between the lid and the food dividers, your food may get muddled.
14. PlanetBox ROVER Bento Lunch Box
View on Amazon
Who would have thought of mixing vibrantly colored magnets with a stainless steel bento box to create a bento box that expresses your creative side? PlanetBox, on the other hand, has created an original product design that not only makes lunchtime nutritious, but also enjoyable and creative for both adults and children.
Because the box is composed of stainless steel, it is fully safe for your health and very sturdy, as it will not fracture or shatter like other materials. The intriguing twist in this narrative is that since the box is constructed of stainless steel, it can contain magnet decorations that come with the box, transforming the box’s top into a piece of art.
As you may pick various magnet artworks from them to fit your own creative interests, this opens the door to limitless unique and customizable designs. If you are purchasing this bento box for your small kid, you may choose from rainbow, fairy, rocket, or dinosaur patterns. However, if you’re making this for an adult, you may want to opt with the more beautiful cat design or omit the magnets entirely.
This bento box’s visual appeal is not its only remarkable feature. It features five sections where you may organize various components of your meal in an appealing manner. Because the lid is linked to the body of the box, it cannot be lost. A latch on the front of the box allows the lid to be firmly closed. The set also includes two dishes with silicone tops that may be used to transport messy or liquid meals without fear of spilling.
The bento box comes with an attractively designed carry bag with a handle, making it easy to have your lunch on the move.
- The box is composed of stainless steel, which is both safe for your health and long-lasting.
- The box comes with several magnet patterns that may be placed to the lid of the box to customize and artistically decorate it.
- The box features five sections for preparing a well-portioned meal with a variety of nutrients.
- The kit includes two distinct dishes with silicone tops for transporting liquids and sloppy meals without spilling.
- You won’t lose the lid since it’s connected to the box.
- It comes with an attractive carry-bag
- It is somewhat heavier than the other bento boxes.
- The box cannot go into the microwave oven
- Because the lid cannot be placed under the box, it takes up additional room while the box is open.
15. Komax Lunchmate Bento Lunch Box Kit
View on Amazon
Giving room to a big, broad bento box might be difficult for folks who carry a tiny purse. And if you are one of those seeking for a bento box that is thin, attractive, and modern, then this is a bento box kit worth considering.
This set includes two compact but deep boxes, one olive and one black. The black one also features two little boxes that can be placed within it, allowing you to divide it into two smaller sections if desired.
Both boxes feature a strong clipping lock that stops them from leaking. Aside from these two boxes, it comes with a cutlery box including a stainless steel spoon and a set of Korean style chopsticks. The sleek and modern-looking bag that comes with this set is a standout feature that we like.
This bag has the power to insulate its contents, so when you place your bento box inside, it will preserve the temperature of the food within the bento box, allowing you to enjoy your dinner at the proper temperature. You may utilize the excess space in the bag once the bento box has been removed to keep things like a cold bottle of juice or a banana. This small and compact bento box is a must-have for everyone who wishes to transport their bento box with elegance.
- The bento boxes are slim and stylish
- One of the boxes features two smaller cubic boxes that may be placed within it to form two distinct sections.
- A silverware box with a stainless steel spoon and a pair of Korean style chopsticks is included in the package.
- The boxes’ lids are leak-proof and feature tight latches.
- The bento box can be washed in the dishwasher
- It may be used in both the microwave and the freezer.
- The fashionable bag insulates the bento boxes, allowing you to eat warm meals on the move.
- Because the bag just has a side handle, it cannot be carried on its own.
- It lacks little pockets for condiments.
Reasons For Using A Bento Box
- Cafe and restaurant meals are often high in calories and include a variety of harmful substances such as artificial additives, unnatural sweeteners, a high salt content, and corn syrup, among others. You are more inclined to cook healthier meals at home. Consuming homemade food is said to be considerably safer and healthier since you have complete control over all of the ingredients and cooking methods. Purchasing a bento box will enable you to pack meals that fit your tastes.
- You may be able to regulate your weight since you will not be munching on outside food. Bento boxes’ containers are often separated into different pieces, allowing you to eat less food. Eating nutritious foods and exercising portion control can help you maintain a healthy weight and, as a result, lower your risks of becoming fat.
- Bento boxes are normally leakproof, so you won’t need to use single-use plastic wraps or plastic bags. Most bento boxes include several sections to keep the food separate, allowing you to use less plastic than previously. As a result, your plastic usage will decrease, contributing to the reduction of plastic pollution.
- By avoiding dining out, you will be able to save money. Your eating and spending habits will most likely improve. You may utilize the money for more vital or productive purposes.
Can I pack hot food in the bento box?
Putting hot food in a bento box is unlikely to do any damage in most circumstances. However, if you want to consume the hot meal after a few hours, it is advisable to let it cool before covering it. Otherwise, the retained moisture might cause your meal to get mushy.
What can I do to prevent the bento box from leaking?
If you don’t have a leakproof bento box, you should pick up some plastic wraps, wax papers, or aluminum foil sheets. You want to cut the paper into the form of the compartments and lay it over the food so that it stands out when the lid is closed. This strategy might be useful in avoiding leaks.
How do I keep the food cool and fresh for longer hours?
If you’re carrying the bento box in a lunch bag, you may want to have an ice pack nearby. This helps to keep your salads and other food fresh by keeping the temperature low. If you don’t have an ice pack, a frozen cloth or a frozen sponge will do.
Whether you are purchasing a bento box for your children or yourself, you should always ensure that it has a well-built construction and needs little upkeep. Because you will need to make meals on a daily basis, the finest bento boxes will help you to enhance your culinary talents. The finest bento boxes will also make dinner preparation much simpler since the majority of them are microwave, freezer, and dishwasher safe.
Do bento boxes encourage healthy eating?
Bento-style lunch boxes, like traditional Japanese bento boxes, promote a well-balanced diet. Aloysa Hourigan, senior Nutrition Australia dietitian, told SBS that bento boxes “help you regulate your portion sizes because each compartment is not large.”
What is the difference between a bento box and a bentgo box?
The initial and original Bentgo lunch box container resembled a regular bento box. It contains a bigger bottom portion for supper leftovers that can be microwaved and a top piece with two compartments for additional snacks.
Are bento boxes good for weight loss?
Bento box lunches are an excellent addition to any weight reduction regimen. The fact that the package is small makes portion management much simpler. However, just putting your lunch in a nice box does not constitute it ‘diet food’.
What foods are best in a bento box?
Bento boxes are handy since they frequently do not need any heating and the food is already portioned. Salads, wraps, sandwiches, and sushi may all be served as main courses. Snacks might include a variety of fruits, freshly cut veggies, dips, nuts and seeds, and energy balls.
What are the disadvantages of bento lunch boxes?
I bought a couple of these bento boxes for the kids’ afternoon snacks, and they travel wonderfully. The overall box is spill-proof, but individual sections are not, so you can’t store sauces, yoghurts, dips, or wet fruits like melon. Most insulated bags are too lengthy for the lunch boxes.
Are stainless steel bento boxes better than plastic?
Stainless steel, unlike plastic, is non-toxic, BPA free, and lead free, which means it does not contain dangerous chemicals that may seep into your food. As a result, they’re ideal for keeping and carrying your lunch, whether it’s a sandwich, salad, or leftovers.
How much is the most expensive bento box?
A Japanese restaurant is presenting the world’s most expensive bento-box, which costs an eye-watering $2,300. The bento box is a popular Japanese lunch that consists of rice or noodles, fish or meat, and pickled and cooked vegetables.
What is special about Bentgo?
It’s so small and simple to pack that it’ll fit in any bag.” “In addition to transporting lunch to and from work, we like the idea of using the Bentgo Glass lunch box for meal prep and leftovers.” It’s ideal for food storage or commuting by car.”
How do I choose a bento?
The specifications for a bento box
The container should be as tight fitting as feasible.
The container should be simple to clean and maintain.
If you want to microwave it, be sure the container is microwave safe.
The container should be the appropriate size for your dietary requirements.
What is the best healthy snacks for lunch box?
What are some healthy lunch snacks? Fruit, vegetables, simple proteins such as cheese, yogurt, shredded chicken, and beans, carbs such as whole grain crackers, muffins, and bread, and any snacks that supplement dietary categories that may not be included in the main meal.