Fresh, spreadable butter over fresh toast in the morning may be a delicious way to start the day. However, many of us are pressed for time in the morning and must make due with nasty refrigerated butter that rolls a rip in our bread slice.
Many people are unconcerned about their daily bread and butter, but why not correct this little issue so that they may enjoy the small pleasures in life? A butter keeper is the answer to cold, hard butter that won’t spread. A butter keeper keeps the butter stick at room temperature fresh and spreadable.
If you’re sick of refrigerated butter, try investing in a butter keeper. There are several butter keepers on the market nowadays. We’ve analyzed the top butter keepers on the market right now to help you select the best one.
If you’re looking for a butter keeper that will keep your butter fresh and spreadable at all times, we propose the Original Butter Bell Crock by L. Tremain, Antique Collection. It is not only functional but also visually appealing.
We suggest the Arc International Luminarc Cow Butter Dish if you want a butter keeper that is easy to use and big enough to hold a significant quantity of butter without being too expensive. It is completely sanitary and resistant to washing.
- Quick Comparison: Top 10 Best Butter Keepers
- 1. The Original Butter Bell Crock by L. Tremain
- 2. Arc International Luminarc Cow Butter Dish
- 3. Now Designs Square Butter Dish
- 4. Butter Bay American Made Butter Keeper
- 5. Le Creuset Stoneware Butter Crock
- 6. Trudeau 09607081A Porcelain Butter Boat
- 7. Svebake Butter Dish
- 8. OXO Good Grips Butter Dish
- 9. My Gift Decorative White Ceramic Lidded Butter Dish
- 10. Sweese 3109 Porcelain Butter Keeper Crock
- Things to Consider before buying the best butter keeper
- What is the best a butter container?
- What kind of butter dish keeps butter fresh?
- What is the difference between a butter dish and a butter keeper?
- How long can you keep butter in a butter keeper?
- What butter do professional bakers use?
- What is the best butter chefs use?
- How did pioneers keep butter?
- Why doesn’t butter go bad in a butter dish?
- Should water touch butter in butter keeper?
Quick Comparison: Top 10 Best Butter Keepers
|The Original Butter Bell Crock by L. Tremain||A+|
|Arc International Luminarc Cow Butter Dish||A+|
|Now Designs Square Butter Dish||A-|
|Butter Bay American Made Butter Keeper||A|
|Le Creuset Stoneware Butter Crock||A|
|Trudeau 09607081A Porcelain Butter Boat||B+|
|Svebake Butter Dish||A-|
|OXO Good Grips Butter Dish||B+|
|My Gift Decorative White Ceramic Lidded Butter Dish||B|
|Sweese 3109 Porcelain Butter Keeper Crock||A-|
1. The Original Butter Bell Crock by L. Tremain
The L.Tremain butter bell crock is an updated version of the classic French butter crock. It has a bell-shaped lead and a crock for the bottom. The crock is composed of exceptionally durable new bone china clay, which keeps the butter inside fresh and tender for at least 30 days.
The butter is maintained within the inverted bell-shaped top, and the cold water stored in the crock’s base keeps it flavorful and fresh by keeping the butter keeper airtight. To keep the butter’s fresh taste, the water must be removed within 2-3 days.
The crock is a good size for storing up to one stick of butter. The original bell butter crock is a lovely addition to any kitchen. Its design may offer a touch of rustic charm to your kitchen. It is available in nine distinct color hues. The crock’s sturdy new bone china makes it scratch resistant. Overall, the original bell butter crock is a beautiful kitchen accessory that will complement your kitchen decor.
- Butter may be kept fresh and soft for 30 days.
- It is available in a variety of colors.
- Is it long-lasting and dishwasher safe?
- Cadmium and lead-free
- Can add a rustic touch to your kitchen decor
- Also suitable for serving butter.
- In rare situations, the butter may fall into the water.
- Must be maintained away from direct sunshine and heat.
- There are keepers with more storing capacity.
2. Arc International Luminarc Cow Butter Dish
4-inch. It is completely sanitary and resistant to washing. The dish’s glass is hefty, thick, and properly tempered, which means it will not break or damage at various temperatures. 2 by 2-3 The Luminarc cow butter dish is constructed of thick, sturdy glass. 6-1 is the size of one butter dish.
The lid may be used for more than one purpose; it can be filled with crushed ice and placed under the dish’s bottom to keep the butter inside cold and fresh throughout a holiday dinner or lengthy buffet meal. The realistic cow pattern on the lead makes it simple to lift.
The butter dish is large enough to hold two sticks of butter or 8 ounces of European type butter. If you’re searching for an easy-to-use butter dish with plenty of storage space, this is a good option.
- Is it washable and sanitary?
- Is big enough to hold a substantial quantity of butter.
- There are several applications for the Lid.
- Is well-made, thick, and long-lasting.
- Clear glass allows you to easily see how much butter is left.
- The glass may get scratched.
- Since it lacks a knob, it is little more difficult to remove the lid.
3. Now Designs Square Butter Dish
The square butter dish is 4.5 inches wide by 4.5 inches length and 4 inches tall. It is ideal for holding square butter. Apart than butter, it may also keep bread spreads. This dish is both dishwasher and microwave safe.
The square butter dish is constructed of stoneware. As a result, it is strong and long-lasting. It also features a knob on the lid that makes lifting easier. With its style, it adds a modern touch to your kitchen decor. It also comes in five different colors, so you’ll have plenty of choices if you decide to buy it.
- Is it safe to use in the dishwasher and microwave?
- There is a knob for simple lifting.
- Is well-made and long-lasting.
- Other bread spreads may be stored in this container.
- insufficient storage capacity
- The butter may spill over the lid’s sides.
4. Butter Bay American Made Butter Keeper
The Butter Bay butter keeper has a distinctive design that gives the French butter crock a fresh appearance. Its design, like the French butter crock, has two components: a butter bay that holds the butter upside down and a basin that retains water to create an airtight seal.
The butter bay, unlike the butter crock, is designed to contain a whole cube of butter. As a result, it has greater storage space and it is easier to place the butter in the bay. You may learn how to use the butter bay by watching a video.
During three weeks, the butter bay preserves the butter fresh and spreadable. The water in the basin, however, must be changed every 3-4 days. By utilizing the butter bay, you will be able to enjoy fresh spreadable butter at any time of day without having to refrigerate it. It can be washed in the dishwasher.
The butter bay is created entirely in the United States. It is made using the slip-cast process and completed by hand at a factory founded in the early 1900s. It is made of strong stoneware and is free of lead and cadmium. This is available in five stylish hues, so you may match it to your kitchen decor.
- For three weeks, the butter remains fresh and spreadable.
- The unique shape allows you to keep a whole cube of butter without creating a mess.
- There are five distinct colors to choose from.
- Free of cadmium and lead
- Dishwasher friendly
- There is no need to refrigerate butter to keep it fresh.
- If the butter is not correctly positioned, it may fall off the bay.
- The pattern is delicate, and the bay sometimes appears in a smaller size than described.
5. Le Creuset Stoneware Butter Crock
The traditional style of the Le Creuset butter crock is inspired by the original crock. It is an airtight container that keeps the butter fresh and spreadable at room temperature without melting. You can say goodbye to flattened flaky croissants and broken toasts with this.
More than one stick of butter may be stored in the bell. Using a spoon, put pre-softened butter into the bell. Fill the crock all the way to the top with cold water. To keep the butter fresh, the water should be changed every 3-4 days.
The crock is crafted of high-fired stoneware that is thick enough to keep moisture out and breaking at bay. The high-quality enamel shell protects against scratches and stains caused by metal utensils. The inside is non-porous enamel glazed, allowing for easy food release and rapid cleanup. It may also be washed in the dishwasher.
The crock is available in a few bright hues that coordinate with other Le Creuset stoneware. It comes with a lifetime guarantee, so purchasing it is a win-win scenario for you.
- The vessel is protected from breaking, scratches, and stains by high-fired solid stoneware.
- It is dishwasher safe and comes with a lifetime guarantee.
- It is available in a variety of colors.
- Is not susceptible to odor absorption
- The non-porous enamel glazed inside facilitates simple cleaning.
- A water line within the crock shows the quantity of water that must be put inside.
- If the butter is not correctly packed in the bell, it may fall into the water.
6. Trudeau 09607081A Porcelain Butter Boat
The Trudeau Butter boat is not like a traditional butter crock in appearance, but it operates on the same principle. It has a dual chamber where the butter is held on the boat and the cold water is kept in the basin underneath it.
It keeps the butter smooth and spreadable for weeks at room temperature. Removing water from the crock every 3-4 days might be a tiresome operation, but the butter boat’s twin chamber design makes it simple to shift out the water.
Keeping the butter in the butter boat is also a simple operation since the butter stick can simply be placed on the boat and covered with a lid. The butter boat is available in traditional white to match any kitchen decor. It is dishwasher safe since it is constructed of high-quality glazed porcelain.
- Porcelain of excellent grade
- Is the dishwasher safe?
- Simple to use
- One stick of butter may be stored for many weeks.
- Since the cover does not fit snugly, it is not airtight.
7. Svebake Butter Dish
If you are weary of using delicate ceramic or glass dishes, try getting the Svebake Butter Dish. It is an enamel butter dish that is both long-lasting and beautiful. It’s a traditional white butter dish with a beechwood cover. It has an outstanding appearance due to its small size and current but vintage style.
The Svebake Butter Dish has a twin chambered design with a butter boat and a basin for cold water storage. The butter boat has enough space to hold around two sticks of butter. The enamel coating makes it simple to clean with water, however it cannot be washed in the dishwasher with the lid on.
You might also consider giving this butter dish as a gift. Because it is not only cute, but also multipurpose and handy. Both block and cream butter may be stored in the butter boat without melting. The beech wood lid doubles as a chopping board.
- Big enough to hold two sticks of butter
- Both block and cream butter may be stored.
- Is practical and multipurpose
- Made of long-lasting enamel
- Can easily chip away
- After washing, the lid does not fit snugly.
- Is it safe to wash dishes with the lid on?
8. OXO Good Grips Butter Dish
The stainless steel base of the OXO Good Grips Butter Dish is complemented with a transparent plastic cover. It is simple enough to use at both the dining table and in the kitchen. The transparent cover is straightforward to remove and does not slip off.
The dish, as the name implies, features two stoppers on each sides that grab the butter and keep it from slipping off the plate when cutting. It is dishwasher safe and can keep both long and short butter. You should consider acquiring this since it is quite easy to use.
- Stoppers prevent butter from slipping off.
- a large clear butter dish
- Is the dishwasher safe?
- Long or short butter may be stored.
- The lid is not securely fastened to the base.
9. My Gift Decorative White Ceramic Lidded Butter Dish
The My Present Decorative White Ceramic Lidded Butter Dish is a great butter keeper for serving. It has a serving knife, knife holder, and cap on top, making it ideal for both serving and keeping butter.
This dish has an attractive design and would look excellent on your countertop or dining table. It can hold butter as well as margarine. The cover of the ceramic dome is broad and wide enough that it will not cling to the butter. Consider acquiring this fashionable dish that will keep your butter safe and conveniently accessible.
- Excellent for both serving and storage.
- Matching serving knife and knife holder included.
- It comes with a cleaning cloth.
- Because of the top lid, it is easily accessible.
- The butter does not cling to the lid.
- This is not an airtight vessel.
10. Sweese 3109 Porcelain Butter Keeper Crock
The Sweese Porcelain Butter Keeper Crock is a French butter dish that always keeps fresh, spreadable butter on hand. The airtight container keeps the butter fresh for a month. It can hold more than one stick of soft butter, and depending on how you press it, even one and a half sticks.
If you’re usually puzzled about how much water to pour into the crock, this keeper’s crock comes with a fill line, which solves your dilemma. Every 2-3 days, the water should be replenished. It is simple to clean and convenient to use. It can be washed in the dishwasher.
The Sweese Butter Keeper crock is constructed of non-toxic, lead-free porcelain that is exceptionally durable. This dish also has a 30-day non-chip warranty, so if anything goes wrong with it, you may obtain a refund or a replacement. It is well-made and available in a variety of colors; you may choose any to complement your kitchen decor.
- Butter stays fresh and spreadable for a month.
- It can hold more than one stick of butter.
- It includes a fill line.
- A 30-day non-chip warranty is included.
- Manufactured from high-quality porcelain
- It is available in a variety of colors.
- Is the dishwasher safe?
- Heat should be kept away from the crock.
- If the butter is not correctly squeezed into the bell, it may fall into the water.
Things to Consider before buying the best butter keeper
To get the most out of a product, it is critical to understand all of its features and categories. If you decide to buy a butter keeper, you should keep a few points in mind in order to choose the ideal butter keeper for your purposes.
Butter keepers come in a variety of sizes and forms. As a result, the storage capacity of each butter keeper varies. If you seldom use butter, consider a butter keeper that keeps less butter, such as a stick. Likewise, if you have a large family and regularly use butter, it is advisable to invest in a butter keeper that can hold more than one stick of butter.
If you want to add a vintage touch to your kitchen, you may buy a butter keeper that is made to appear like the original French butter crock. If you prefer a more modern design, you may have a butter boat keeper or a butter bay. Likewise, if you want a more practical style, a clear keeper made of glass or plastic is an option.
There are several styles to select from, but if you want to keep the butter fresh and spreadable at room temperature, it is better to choose a butter keeper with an airtight seal.
When selecting a butter keeper, it is important to consider how the butter keepers are built and what materials are utilized.
A butter keeper may be created in a variety of styles and materials. It is critical to understand which materials are utilized to make the keeper sturdy and simple to clean. To ensure your health, make sure the butter keeper you choose is devoid of lead, cadmium, and other non-toxic components.
To make an educated purchase, keep these aspects in mind while also comparing other items to gain a clear picture of the pricing, design, and quality.
It is natural to be perplexed while looking for the best butter keeper since there are so many possibilities. Yet, in order to choose the finest butter keeper, you must make an educated selection.
If you are a first-time buyer, choose the Arc International Luminarc Cow Butter Dish. If you want an aesthetically beautiful butter keeper that will keep your butter fresh and soft, choose the Original Butter Bell Crock by L. Tremain or the Svebake Butter Dish.
Before making a selection, you should study all of the components and features of the butter keeper.
What is the best a butter container?
Best Overall: Amazon’s Le Creuset European Butter Dish.
Amazon’s Best Chef Favorite: Sweese Butter Dish with Lid…
Butter Bell is the best crock. Amazon has the original Butter Bell Crock.
At Amazon, the best plastic is the OXO Good Grips Butter Dish.
Rubbermaid Regular Butter Dish at Amazon is the best value.
Largest: September 23, 2022
What kind of butter dish keeps butter fresh?
A butter crock is a sort of butter dish that is also known as a butter bell or a butter keeper. It’s a French-born option that’s still extensively used throughout Europe. What is its claim to fame? Because of the airtight closure, butter crocks are supposed to keep butter fresher for longer.
What is the difference between a butter dish and a butter keeper?
The primary difference between a butter dish and a butter crock is that a butter crock utilizes water to protect the bottom of the butter from the air, keeping it fresher for longer than butter exposed in a butter dish.
How long can you keep butter in a butter keeper?
The butter crock, also known as a butter bell or butter keeper, is a two-piece device that keeps butter fresh for up to 30 days on the counter. The butter is placed in the “bell,” which is set in the water-filled crock. This gadget preserves butter smooth and spreadable until you need it.
What butter do professional bakers use?
Cabot makes the best American-style butter.
Its slightly increased water content (in comparison to European-style butter) steams in the oven, inflating up flaky pie crusts, plush cakes, and crispy-edged cookies, making them light, fluffy, and tender.
What is the best butter chefs use?
Many skilled chefs and bakers would advocate using unsalted butter in all recipes to give you more control over seasoning and since the salt level of salted butters fluctuates.
How did pioneers keep butter?
Before refrigerators, the springhouse was a common sight in most houses, serving as a safe haven for milk, butter, and other perishables.
Why doesn’t butter go bad in a butter dish?
Butter is less likely to foster bacterial development than other forms of dairy products due to its high fat content and low water content. This is particularly true if the butter has been salted, which reduces the water content even more and makes the atmosphere unfriendly to germs.
Should water touch butter in butter keeper?
The water should at the very least cover the little hole in the cone. Water should be placed as near to or on top of the butter as feasible.